IT'S SAGA SATURDAY!! Please welcome fabulous Choc Lit author, Victoria Cornwall...


This month saw the publication of my sixth historical romance, Daniel’s Daughter. I had never considered myself a saga writer until this year when I read the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s definition of an historical romance saga which stated “novels predominantly set in the past usually featuring characters overcoming social pressures or hardships alongside or entwined with a romantic story thread”. I must admit, I feel rather proud that I can now call myself a saga writer, just like the classic novelists I used to read as a child.

I never set out to write saga novels. At the time I was finding it difficult to find historical romances which kept me turning the pages. My plan was to write a book with a plot that I would enjoy reading as I felt there must be other readers out there just like me. I wanted to read about believable conflict which prevented the main characters being together. Conflict that couldn’t be resolved by just a conversation but caused real emotional or practical hurdles such as family loyalty, class, social stigma, gender inequality, the legal system and damaging betrayal.

So I set out to write my first book. I wrote it in secret, oddly embarrassed to be writing an historical romance, despite being a fan of the genre myself. No one was more surprised than my family when they discovered what I had done or, I should add, more supportive as I submitted it for publication. Six publishing contracts later, I still can’t quite believe I am now the author of six historical romances. I was, and still am, very touched to hear that both men and women enjoy my books and often go on to read more than one. Daniel’s Daughter is my sixth novel and is all about the moral dilemma of telling the truth. When is the right time to tell the truth? When is the right time to hear it? Is it ever right to hide it? These are not easy moral dilemmas to navigate, yet Grace Kellow, the heroine in Daniel’s Daughter, has to in order to come to terms with her own past and build a new one with the man who has entered her life.
Blurb:-

Sometimes the truth is not easy to say and even harder to hear …

Cornwall, 1895
Grace Kellow is a young woman with a strong sense of who she is and where she comes from. As the daughter of a well-respected Cornish dairy owner Daniel Kellow, her existence in the village of Trehale is comfortable and peaceful.
But then handsome Talek Danning comes striding over Hel Tor, and soon after his arrival Grace is hit with a revelation that leaves her questioning her identity and her place in the Trehale community.
In her hour of need, Talek and his sister Amelia offer Grace sanctuary – but wherever Grace runs, her secret will follow …

To Buy Links for Daniel's Daughter:-


Bio

Victoria Cornwall grew up on a farm in Cornwall. She can trace her Cornish roots as far back as the 18th century and it is this background and heritage which is the inspiration for her Cornish based novels. Following a fulfilling twenty-five year career as a nurse, a change in profession finally allowed her the time to write.

Victoria’s writing has been shortlisted for the New Talent Award at the Festival of Romantic Fiction and twice nominated for the RONÉ “Best Indie or Small Published book” Award. In 2017, her debut novel, The Thief’s Daughter, was published by award winning independent publisher, Choc Lit, and was a finalist for the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s Joan Hessayon Award.

Victoria is married and has two grown up children. She likes to read and write historical fiction with a strong background story, but at its heart is the unmistakable emotion, even pain, of loving someone.

Author Links


No comments

Post a Comment