Welcome fellow RNA member, Julie Ryan...



 Hi, Julie! It's great to welcome you to my blog for the very first time - I am looking forward to learning more about you and your latest release, FINDING ROSE! Let's kick things off with my questions...

1.)             What did you want to be when you grew up?

In primary school I wanted to be a musician in an orchestra, in secondary school I wanted to be a French teacher and then an actress. The writing gene was always there though!

2.)             Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Yes, please! I drink copious amounts of all. Coffee in the morning, tea during the day and hot chocolate at night.

3.)             What genre do you typically read? Why?

I’ve always been interested in history so historical fiction is one of my favourites. I also like a good thriller offset by a good chick-lit novel. Which genre I read depends on my mood and what I’ve just read. I just enjoy a book that keeps me hooked.

4.)             Share a favourite childhood memory.

I was six when my dad woke me up one morning. Thinking I could hear my 18 month old sister cry, I asked him what was the matter and he took me to see my new baby sister. I had no idea! She’s now my best friend even though as a wriggly baby I did drop her once. Fortunately, no lasting damage!

5.)             Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes?

Chocolate and books. I’ve given up on the TBR pile as it is so large it now needs a room of its own. As for chocolate, it’s pointless fighting the urge.

6.)             What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?

Having the discipline to sit down and actually write, especially on days when you feel you’re writing rubbish. Other than that, if you’re self-published then marketing is the biggest challenge.

7.)             Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?

I used to but then regularly beat myself up when something happened to prevent me reaching my word count. Now I just write whenever I can.

8.)             What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

I initially planned to write just one book and cross it off my bucket list. However, my characters had other plans and haunted my dreams until I wrote a series of three Greek Island mysteries. A series can be good as people who like the first book go on to read the rest. However, mine can be read as standalones so you don’t have to read them all.


Julie Ryan’s roots are in a small mining village in South Yorkshire. After a degree in French Language and Literature, wanderlust kicked in and she lived and worked in France, Poland, Thailand and Greece. Her spirit enriched, her imagination fired, Julie started a series of mystery romances; thrillers set in the Greek Isles. She has also written a Christmas rom-com and her latest work, Finding Rose, is a contemporary novel with a strong historical element.

A prolific and well-known book review blogger, Julie does her writing and reviewing from rural Gloucestershire, where she lives with her husband, son and rescue cat. She manages to write a book a year although without their help, she would probably write more quickly. She is a book addict and will soon need either a bigger house for her collection or a new husband!
When not writing or reading or eating chocolate, she can be found treading the boards in the local amateur dramatic society – Oh yes she can!

Author links
Twitter @julieryan18




Finding Rose - blurb

 When three sisters, Ginny, Sally and Molly are brought together at their father’s hospital bed, they are forced to confront not only the prospect of a future without him but also the secrets of the past that have kept them apart.
Their father, Eddie Matthews, drugged up on morphine, seems to be rambling but could he, in fact, be reliving previous lives as a Tudor monk and as a soldier on the Front in WW1? Struggling to speak he reveals that he has a secret and urges his daughters to ‘Find Rose’. Can the sisters put aside their differences to fulfil his last wish? 

Book link
Finding Rose Buy the book here

No comments

Post a Comment