Welcome HQ Digital author, Katie Ginger...



Hi, Katie! It's so great to welcome to my blog for the first time - I'm looking forward to learning more about you and your latest release, THE LITTLE THEATRE ON THE SEAFRONT. Let's kick things off with my questions...

1.)                What did you want to be when you grew up?

For a long time I wanted to be a historian or work in the heritage sector, which I did, right up until I became a full time writer! I studied history at university and went on to gain a Masters as well, and for a long time I worked in Museums and at Dover Castle (amazing by the way!). It was after I took redundancy from my job in museums that I decided to start writing creatively again. Once I'd started, I just couldn't stop!

2.)                Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
Coffee in the mornings definitely! Give me a latte with hazelnut syrup or vanilla syrup, or a mocha! Tea always in the afternoons and I even have decaf!

3.)                What genre do you typically read? Why?
Of course I love romantic comedies, I just love the mix of emotions and laughter you get from this genre. I also love reading cosy mysteries! The bad guy always gets their comeuppance and the amateur sleuth has to rely on their wits rather than forensic evidence. It's all about knowing human nature which makes it special for me.

4.)                Share a favourite childhood memory.
Ohh, so many to choose from! I think one of my favourites is baking rock cakes with my mum one rainy day. My dad was a miner and we were on strike for a year so money was really tight but all I remember is doing fun things with my mum and dad.

5.)                Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes?
Okay, this sounds a bit weird but I love coats! I've got so many in so many different styles. My favourite is a mint green 1950's style coat with black velvet buttons and belt. I've had so many compliments on it, it really makes me feel good when I wear it. Plus it hides my typical mum uniform of jeans and a jumper!

6.)                What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?
For me, it's definitely getting to know the characters. You think you know them when you start writing but it's through the writing process that their personalities really come out as you challenge them by making their lives difficult! Sometimes I find I've only gotten to know them halfway through and have to go back to the beginning and write them again!

7.)                Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?
I really admire people who do this but it isn't for me. My days/weeks are so hectic and different that I take each day as it comes but I always allow a day every week (unless I'm on deadline) for social media and the rest is writing time!

8.)                What are your thoughts on writing a book series?
I'd always thought I'd write stand alone books but I've discovered that sometimes you just fall in love with characters and settings that you don't want to leave! I love writing a series because it gives you so much opportunity to let the characters grow over time. As for reading, I think Sarah Bennett is an amazing series writer, she's one of my faves!


When Lottie’s Gran dies she leaves one last request; save Greenley Theatre.

Faced with a decaying building, a mayor who most definitely isn’t on board with the project and a group of actors who just can’t get along, Lottie has her hands full, but with best friend Sid by her side she knows she can do it somehow.
But the arrival of Jeremy, a hotshot London developer who sweeps Lottie off her feet, complicates things. Suddenly Sid gets a new girlfriend, the Greenley Players fall apart, and that crumbling building? Well it crumbles a whole lot more. With no one to turn to, Lottie has to find the courage to save the day.

Will Lottie be able to save the theatre and also follow her heart?


bio:

KATIE GINGER lives in the South East of England, by the sea, and apart from holidays to very hot places where you can sit by a pool and drink cocktails as big your head, she wouldn't really want to be anywhere else. This is Katie's debut novel but she is also the author of some cosy mystery short stories. She loves making her characters either fall in love, or killing them off - it depends on her mood!

When she's not writing, Katie spends her time drinking gin, or with her husband, trying to keep alive her two children: Ellie, who believes everything in life should be done as a musical number from a West End show; and Sam, who is basically a monkey with a boy's face. And there's also their adorable King Charles Spaniel, Wotsit (yes, he is named after the crisps!).
For more about Katie you can visit her website: www.keginger.com, find her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/KatieGAuthor, or follow her on Twitter: @KatieGAuthor Instagram: katie_ginger_author



No comments

Post a Comment