Welcome contemporary romance author, Lizzie Chantree...




Hi Lizzie! Welcome back to my blog - I love your covers, so eye-catching :) Hope you had a good Christmas? Let's head straight into my probing questions...

1.)              What is the strangest talent you have?

I don’t know if it’s strange, but I’m an inventor. I can easily see problems with products and redesign them or create new ones. I was voted on of the top female innovators by Fair Play London and The Patent Office one year.

2.)              What is the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?

I dressed up as a vampire one year, with a long black cloak and impressive fangs.

3.)              Are the titles of your books important.

Very important. The title has to sum up the book and it’s genre. After the cover art, it’s the first thing readers respond to.

4.)              If you’re struggling with a scene or difficult character, what methods help you through it?

I tend to walk away and give myself half an hour to do something completely different. I often come back with a clear mind.

5.)              Do you prefer dog, cats or none of the above?

I love both! My dog doesn’t like cats though, even though she grew up with one and played with him every day. As she’s grown older, she’s more territorial about our garden.

6.)              Who’s your favourite author? Why?

I enjoy reading books by so many romantic comedy authors, but my favourite author is J.J.R. Tolkien, as he inspired my love of reading as a child.

7.)              Do you have a pet peeve?

People who aren’t kind to each other. A little kindness goes a long way and a smile can make someone’s day. I see kindness as a strength not a weakness.

8.)              Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning?

Mostly, yes. I have really vivid dreams and some of them are quite odd. I think my imagination has free reign when I’m asleep and it comes up with all sorts of things. I do sometimes have inspiration for stories when I’m asleep that I remember when I wake up though.

Blurb:


Ninja School Mum: 

Obsessive-compulsive school mum, Skye, is a lonely elite spy, who is running from her past whist trying to protect the future of her child. She tries hard to fit in with the other parents at her son's new school, but the only person who accepts her unconventional way of life is new mother, Thea.
Thea is feeling harassed by her sister and bored with her life, but she suspects that there is something strange about new school mum, Skye. Thea has secrets of her own and, although the two become unlikely friends, she hesitates to tell Skye about the father of her own child. 
Zack's new business is growing faster than he could have dreamed but, suddenly, he finds himself the owner of a crumbling estate on the edge of a pretty village, and a single parent to a very demanding child. Could he make a go of things and give his daughter the life she deserved? 
When three lives collide, it appears that only one of them is who they seem to be, and you never know who the person standing next to you on the school playground really is.

Universal book buy link: If you love me, I’m yous: viewbook.at/IfYouLoveMe-ImYours
Universal book buy link: Ninja School Mum: viewBook.at/NinjaSchoolMum
Universal book buy link: Babe Driven: myBook.to/LizziesBooks
Universal book buy link: Love’s Child: viewBook.at/Amazon-LovesChild

Author Bio:
Award-winning inventor and author, Lizzie Chantree, started her own business at the age of 18 and became one of Fair Play London and The Patent Office’s British Female Inventors of the Year in 2000. She discovered her love of writing fiction when her children were little and now runs networking hours on social media, where creative businesses, writers, photographers and designers can offer advice and support to each other. She lives with her family on the coast in Essex. Visit her website at www.lizziechantree.com or follow her on Twitter @Lizzie_Chantree
https://twitter.com/Lizzie_Chantree.

No comments

Post a Comment