2018 in review...




In November, I joined an amazing group that helps, supports and inspires women in business - The Female Entrepreneur Association FEA. The businesses ran by these amazing women vary from product or services of every kind and the change in mindset the association has given me has been, not only beneficial to my work, but also my spirit and determination.

One of the first things I learned was the importance of reviewing your work to identify what is working and what isn't - and there is no more vital time to do this than at the end of a year. So, that's what this post is all about and I look forward to posting on New Year's Day with my plans and hopes for 2019!

So, what did I achieve in 2018?

The biggest career decision I made was almost certainly to go separate ways from my agents in both the UK and the US. I was beginning to feel out of control with my only wants with regards to my writing. I want to try different things and pursue avenues that felt right for me so the best action to take was resume control. I haven't regretted the decision for a moment.

At the end of January, the benefits came to fruition quicker than I could've imagined when Aria Fiction offered me a four-book deal for my Pennington's Department Store series. I was one happy lady :)

I also started focusing on my social media output and making my efforts concise and purposeful which resulted in over 500 and 1,000 new followers on my Facebook author page and Instagram, respectively. I then invested money in paying for a website overhaul that would reflect the change in my brand and intention from 2018 onwards.

Finally, I ventured back into writing non-fiction articles for the first time in almost eighteen years - my first attempt was accepted by Writing Magazine which was a fantastic confidence boost!

So, all in all, 2018 was a GREAT year and one I intend building on as we head into 2019. I feel happier, more inspired and now dream bigger than I ever dared to before.

Watch this space, lovely readers!

Have an AMAZING Christmas!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment