Welcome contemporary romance author, Anne-Marie Brear....



 Hi Anne-Marie and welcome back to my blog! I am so happy to be a part of your ongoing tour and to help celebrate the release of THE PROMISE OF TOMORROW - wishing you much sales and success! Let's kick off with my questions...

1.)                What did you want to be when you grew up?

In high school I wanted to be a midwife or social worker, but life never lead me down that path. I read a lot as a teenager and dabbled in writing romance stories based on Mills & Boons books, but I always had characters in my head which were more like the historical books I read. I never thought I could be an author. If I could go back in time I would have believed more in myself that I could be an author.

2.)             Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Coffee every time. I need my daily doses of coffee to get through the day!

3.)                What genre do you typically read? Why?

My reading tastes are varied. One week I’ll read a medieval novel, the next a thriller, then a rom-com, then a historical. Interspersed with these I read a lot of non-fiction, especially for researching the historical eras I set my stories in.

4.)                Share a favourite childhood memory.

When I was very young, in the 1970s, I remember swinging on my swing and singing ABBA’s song, Mamma Mia at the top of my voice. That’s one of my earliest memories and makes me smile when I think of it.

5.)                Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes?

I do love books and if I had room, I’d like to have a proper library in my house – a whole room full of books. I prefer buying shoes more than clothes, and I love ice cream and watching period movies.

6.)                What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?

For me, the biggest challenge is just finding the time to get the first draft written. I don’t usually know where the plot is taking me. My characters tend to rule the show so I don’t have a chapter plan I can simply write to like some authors do. I can get stuck in research and the tiniest detail might take hours to find. Writing historical I need to get the facts correct or as close to as I possibly can. That takes time, and when my spare time is limited then I can get a little frustrated when the story isn’t flowing as quickly or easily as I’d like.

7.)                Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?

No, I’m unable to because I work full time, as well as being a wife and have a family. I need to balance all that, which is difficult. I write when I can fit it in, and I’m pretty good at disciplining myself to not waste time doing things that don’t matter when I have a book to write. All authors need time to relax and enjoy real life beyond the imaginary worlds we create.

8.)                What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

I like series a lot. I’ve written one myself. The Kitty McKenzie series is three books in total now, but for a long time it was only two books about Kitty’s life and journey from England to Australia, but last year I published the third book, Southern Sons which is about Kitty’s grandchildren. I felt the need to revisit those old characters and see what they were up to. There is the possibility to revisit my other novels and write more books with those characters and make series. Readers often ask for more books with certain characters, so it is something I need to think about quite seriously.

The Promise of Tomorrow
Charlotte Brookes flees her lecherous guardian, McBride, taking her younger sister with her. After a year on the road, they stumble into a Yorkshire village. There, they are taken in by the Wheelers, owners of the village shop. This new life is strange for Charlotte, but preferable to living with McBride or surviving on the roads. 

Harry Belmont is an important man in the village, but he’s missing something in his life. His budding friendship with Charlotte gives him hope she will feel more for him one day, and he will have the woman he needs. 

However, when McBride finds out where Charlotte lives, his threats begin, and Harry takes it upon himself to keep Charlotte safe. Only, World War I erupts and Harry enlists. 
Left to face a world of new responsibilities, and Harry’s difficult sister, Charlotte must run the gauntlet of family disputes, McBride's constant harassment and the possibility of the man she loves being killed.
 
Can Charlotte find the happiness that always seems under threat, and will Harry return home to her?

Purchase Links:
Author Bio –
Australian born AnneMarie Brear writes historical novels and modern romances and sometimes the odd short story, too. Her passions, apart from writing, are travelling, reading, researching historical eras and looking for inspiration for her next book.

Social Media Links –

1 comment

  1. Thank you so much for spotlighting me and my book today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete