Welcome Accent Press author, Lynne Shelby...



 Hi Lynne! Welcome back to my blog and congrats on your latest release, THE ONE THAT I WANT - I'm excited to catch up and learn more about your new book. Let's kick off with my questions...

1.)                What did you want to be when you grew up?

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a writer. I first submitted a ms to a publisher when I was fourteen. They didn’t publish it, but a kind editor sent me a letter encouraging me to keep on writing – I’m so glad I took her advice!

2.)                Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Coffee – I always have a cup of coffee on my desk when I’m writing.

3.)                What genre do you typically read? Why?

I read all sorts of books, anything from science fiction to mainstream literary novels, but the genre I read more than any other is women’s contemporary fiction/romance. There are many different sorts of stories in this genre, but they all have a relationship between two characters at their core, and while they may not all have a happy ending, they usually have at least a hopeful ending, making for a very satisfying read.

4.)                Share a favourite childhood memory.

One of my favourite childhood memories is riding a horse along a beach when I was about twelve. I can still remember the thrill of galloping, the feel of the wind and the sound of the surf.

5.)                Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes?

I’m shamelessly addicted to books. My tbr pile is taller than I am! I keep telling myself that I won’t buy more until I’ve read the ones I’ve got, but then I see a new book by an author I like, and I can’t resist!

6.)                What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?

For me, the biggest challenge of writing a new book used to be to stop myself editing as I went along. Now, I write down my ideas for changes I want to make to the ms on post-it notes and concentrate on getting that first draft written – but it’s still tempting to tweak a sentence here and there!

7.)                Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?

I aim to write 1,000 words a day, but usually end up writing around 800 words, which makes me a relatively slow writer. I’d love to be able to write faster, but this is what works for me – it takes me a year to write a book.

8.)                What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

My latest book, The One That I Want, is a stand-alone novel, but it is also the first in a
 ‘linked series’ of books, set in the world of theatre and film. The second book, There She Goes, is due out in June 2019. The books can be read in any order, but the main characters in one book re-appear as minor characters in another. I grow very fond of my characters, and I’ve really enjoyed having the chance to meet up with them again!



Blurb for The One That I Want
by Lynne Shelby

When Lucy Ashford lands a top job at a leading theatrical agency in London, work mixes with pleasure, as she literally falls into the arms of Hollywood heartthrob Daniel Miller. Handsome, charming and irresistible, Daniel is just what unlucky-in-love Lucy needs, and she is quickly drawn into his glittering celebrity lifestyle. But can she tame the A-list bad boy or is she just one more girl in Daniel’s long line of conquests? And then there’s up-and-coming actor Owen Somers, fiercely talented but as yet uncast in a starring role. After she takes him onto the agency s books, Owen and Lucy’s friendship slowly grows. If she looks closely, Lucy’s leading man might be right before her very eyes...

Book Link:


Author Bio

Lynne Shelby writes contemporary women’s fiction/romance. Her debut novel, ‘French Kissing’ won the Accent Press and Woman magazine Writing Competition, and her latest novel, The One That I Want, is the first of a series of stand-alone books set in the world of showbusiness. When not writing or reading, Lynne can usually be found at the theatre or exploring a foreign city - Paris, New York, Rome, Copenhagen, Seattle, Reykjavik - writer's notebook, camera and sketchbook in hand. She lives in London with her husband, and has three adult children who live nearby.


Author Links:

Website: www.lynneshelby.com
Twitter: @LynneB1
Instagram: lynneshelbywriter


No comments

Post a Comment