IT'S GUEST AUTHOR SATURDAY! Please welcome paranormal romance author M. Flagg...

 



Hi Mickey! I am delighted to welcome you to my blog for the first time and hope you have a great time here - I am very much looking forward to hearing more about you and your latest release THE VAMPIRE'S RETRIBUTION. Let's kick things off with my questions...

1.)                What genre do you typically read? Why?

I read many genres, but I lean toward fantasy and paranormal. Why? World building fascinates me. The more intricate the better. Descriptive stories take me deep into an author’s world where you paint a picture in your mind. When I can see it and walk it, I’m hooked.

2.)                Share a favourite childhood memory. Back in the 1950s, we lived behind my father’s florist shop. So, you cans say I was an original flower child. With NYC so close, I’d accompany my father in the pre-dawn hours to the flower district in the West 20s. I’d get to see up close exotic flowers in the wholesaler’s stores. Different types of orchids and roses, and the gardenias. It was fascinating driving through the then desolate meadowlands and through the Lincoln tunnel. I loved those trips, arriving home with the station wagon full of delicate scents just as the sun came up.  

3.)                Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes? My shameless addictions are books, strong coffee, and anything chocolate.

4.)                What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book? Since I write a series, keeping track of all the characters and deciding which one will become the main character in the next book can be challenging. The other big challenge is creating new evil antagonists with a unique agenda of their own. It’s my paranormal world, so nothing is off the table.

5.)                Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day? No. I’m not only a pantser, but also an eclectic writer. When life gets in the way, I can’t focus and may not write my stories for a week or more. Of course, I’m always thinking about the characters and plot twists. To be honest, I took a 12-year break from writing fiction. Now that was very unnerving. But two years into retirement, that old creative muse came calling again and I finished four novels in a fourteen months. When in the zone, I can write thousands of words a day. And then spend a lot of time editing. 😊  

6.)                What are your thoughts on writing a book series? Great question. Perfect, actually. I find it hard not to write a series, and believe me, I’ve tried. Maybe it’s because I enjoy reading series. Whether it’s historical like Colleen McCullough’s Masters of Rome or Michael Shaara’s Civil War trilogy, time travel like Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander, or J. R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood, the scope of the author’s world is intriguing. It’s like a long vacation to immerse the reader in a place that becomes more familiar with each novel. It also allows for deeper character development with endless possibilities. Writing a series is a challenge well-worth taking.  

 

Book Title: The Vampire’s Retribution  The Champion Chronicles Book I

Blurb:

Dreams are often hidden desires… even if they are terrifying. Michael, a mystically enhanced vampire, destroys immortal sorcerers in an unprecedented battle. Poisoned, captured, he is exsanguinated, left to rot in a cell beneath the city. Guided by Helena, a heavenly entity, he spins a fantasy full of devotion to the one woman he treasures and his mystically-human, troubled son. His fading mind races through twists and unexpected turns, passionate highs and very realistic lows. Is this deliverance or the end to his immortal existence? His reasons for the singular battle are noble. One is retribution. The other is love.

Buy links: Amazon.com: The Vampire's Retribution (The Champion Chronicles Book 1) eBook : Flagg, M.: Books

Barnes & Noble: The Vampire's Retribution by M. Flagg, Paperback | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com)

 


Brief author bio:

I never thought of myself as a writer. A creative person? Yes. A writer? No. Then on a whim I decided to redeem a vampire. Don’t ask why. Too many reasons.” Spinning stories of passion, love and salvation, Mickey’s a member of Liberty States Fiction Writers. 

Web contacts:           

website https://www.mflagg-author.com  

blog - https://mflagg-author.com/m-flaggs-a-writers-blog/ 

Facebook:    (1) M. Flagg | Facebook

Twitter: Michele Flagg (@flagg_michele) / Twitter   https://twitter.com/flagg_michele

Instagram: Mickey Flagg (@mickeyflagg) • Instagram photos and videos https://www.instagram.com/mickeyflagg  

No comments

Post a Comment