My Monthly Book Review...

 

This month's review is for Ross Poldark by Winston Graham...

If I watch a TV adaptation of a book or series and love it, I always vow to read the actual book/s whenever I can - it has taken me a shamefully long time to start reading the Poldark series by Winston Graham. In fact, it's been four years since the last series was shown on TV and it is only now that I have started reading the books. Now that I have finished reading book 1 Ross Poldark, I could kick myself it has taken me so long!

What a wonderful read, superbly and evocatively written...made all the better by Aidan Turner and Eleanor Tomlinson constantly coming into my mind's eye as Ross and Demelza throughout my reading!

This is almost certainly my top read of 2023 so far and I have already gone ahead and bought books two and three of the series which consists of twelve books in total - plenty to keep me (and hopefully you!) busy for the rest of the year.

Happy Reading!




No comments

Post a Comment