Where Do You Get Your Ideas From? Part 4...

Welcome back to my latest blog series, Where Do You Get Your Ideas From?

This week I am revealing the less obvious inspiration behind the fourth instalment in the Shop Girl series, A SHOP GIRL AT SEA. The obvious inspiration is that I've wanted to set a book on the Titanic for YEARS, but I was waiting and waiting for the right heroine to come alive in my imagination. Then I as I was writing book 3 in the series (A SHOP GIRL'S CHRISTMAS), a young woman named Amelia Wakefield began to push herself forward and I began to worry that she would end up taking over the book considering how much she intrigued me.

That's when I knew I had found my heroine for book 4 and this was the young woman I was supposed to send on that fateful maiden voyage of the Titanic...

Amelia Wakefield starts as an assistant window dresser at Pennington's but is given the opportunity to go to New York and report back on what all the big American department stores are up to. It is the opportunity of a lifetime! Whilst aboard she meets seaman Samuel Murphy and their journey combines with their growing feelings, unfolding drama and intense emotion. This book was a joy to write!

Rachel x

BLURB & BUY LINK: 

Bath, 1912.

Amelia Wakefield loves working at Pennington's, Bath's finest department store. An escape from her traumatic past, it saved her life. So when Miss Pennington sets her a task to set sail on the Titanic and study the department stores of New York, she couldn't be more excited – or determined!

Frustrated with his life at home, Samuel Murphy longs for a few weeks of freedom and adventure. Meeting Amelia on board the Titanic, Samuel can't help wonder what painful history has made the beauty so reserved. But he already has too many responsibilities for love.

Ruby Taylor has always kept her Pennington co-workers at a distance. Making sure her little brother is safe has always been her priority. But when that means accepting Victoria Lark's offer of sanctuary, more than one of Ruby's secrets is under threat of being revealed...

A riveting and uplifting saga, perfect for fans of Elaine Everest and Fiona Ford.

Buy Link:

https://geni.us/Qk5d


No comments

Post a Comment