Why I Love Writing Series


I'm often asked if I'll ever write another stand-alone novel, a one-off story that starts and ends entirely in a single novel... the answer is unlikely no, but never say never! Why? Because I just love reading and writing series!

The last stand alone novel I wrote was published in 2017 - IF I WANT YOU is a romantic suspense story and one of my favourite books, but while I was writing it, I knew that my real love is firmly with series. I went on to write the Shop Girl series which consists of four books and then my current series, the Ladies of Carson Street trilogy and now I'm writing a brand new series, the Royal Maids with book 1 coming 17th October.

So, why series?

The answer is simple - I love creating a cast of characters that I can put to work over several books! I enjoy bringing them in and out of the stories, getting to know not just the protagonists but also the secondary characters. Many of the lesser characters often come to the fore as the series unfolds and I begin to fall in love with characters I had first intended to have a smaller role who go on to have a main role.

It is the unpredicability and scope of trying different things, letting more characters take centre stage and completely immersing myself in a setting that keeps me coming back to series over and over again.

So what do you think? Are you ready to catch up with the Shop Girls or the Ladies of Carson Street series or preorder Victoria & Violet, my upcoming release?

Shop Girl series 

BUY: https://rachelbrimble.com/books/penningtons-department-store/


Ladies of Carson Street

BUY: https://geni.us/J4o7AUq

Victoria & Violet

PREORDER: https://geni.us/u0GmS5

No comments

Post a Comment