My Monthly Book Review...

This month's book review is for Into The Wilderness by Sara Donati.

This book (or rather series) was recommended to me months ago by a local librarian after I mentioned how much I love the Outlander series - she boldly said that she believes I would love the Into The Wilderness series even more. Was she right?

Hmm, I wouldn't say I loved this book MORE than the first book in the Outlander series, but I definitely loved it EQUALLY! 

Set on the outskirts of New York in 1792, Into The Wilderness introduces our heroine Elizabeth Middleton who leaves her privileged life in England and travels to America to live with her father. Independently spirited, Elizabeth is glad to leave the expectations of marriage and children so prevalant in English society and plans to live her life as a teacher as her father assured her she could.

Only when she gets to America, it seems her father just might go back on his word - then Elizabeth meets Nathanial Bonner, a white man raised in a Mohawk community...her life is about to change forever.

I absolutely adored every page of this 900 page book and already have book 2 waiting on my shelf!



No comments

Post a Comment