My Monthly Book Review - The Captain's Daughter by Leah Fleming

 

This month's review is for The Captain's Daughter by Leah Fleming.

I love how this book is split into several points of view which adds perspective and interest throughout - I also liked how the reader is taken on a journey to England, sometimes America and Italy. I gathered a real sense of each country which the author carefully and wonderfully brought to life.

The story opens with the main characters boarding the Titanic, with the sinking being retold skilfully and sensitively as the reader experiences both the harrowing and hopeful moments throughout. Several things happen before and after the sinking that affects the rest of the story so I won't give anything away, but it is these events that keep you turning the pages.

The Captain's Daughter is an epic story stretching from the sinking of the Titanic to WWII, following some truly wonderful characters who I truly came to care for.

A recommended read!


 

No comments

Post a Comment