Why I Love Writing Series...

mybook.to/ifiwantyou

I'm often asked if I'll ever write another single-title novel, a one-off story that starts and ends entirely in a single novel... the answer is more than likely no. Why? Because I just love writing series!

The last single title novel I wrote was published in 2017 - IF I WANT YOU is a romantic suspense story and one of my favourite books, but while I was writing it, I knew that my real love is firmly with series. I went on to write the Shop Girl series which consists of four books and then my current series, the Ladies of Carson Street which will be a trilogy with the final book coming in February 2022.

So, why series?

The answer is simple - I love creating a cast of characters that I can put to work over several books! I enjoy bringing people in and out of the stories, getting to know not just the protagonists but also the secondary characters. Many of the lesser characters often come to the fore as the series unfolds and I begin to fall in love with characters I had first intended to have a smaller role.

It is the unpredicability and scope of trying different things, letting more characters take centre stage and completely immersing myself in a setting that keeps me coming back to series over and over again.

As I write this, I have a series proposal sitting on one editor's desk and book 1 in a different series awaiting a yes or no from another - so whether you love or hate series, I hope to have a brand new one winging your way very soon!

In the meantime, why not catch up with the Shop Girls or the Ladies of Carson Street series?

Shop Girl series 

BUY AS A COMPLETE SET! mybook.to/Shopgirlseries



Ladies of Carson Street

A Widow's Vow (book 1)

mybook.to/widowsvow

Trouble For The Leading Lady (book 2)

mybook.to/leadinglady

No comments

Post a Comment