New Year, New Attitude, New Me...

I am beyond excited for 2022!

I have such plans and most of them do not (for the first time in years!) entirely focus on my writing career. 2021 was a tough year writing wise. Not just with my creative process which was hugely affected by the pandemic and the mental challenges the changes and difficulties presented, but also by sales and trying to find a publisher for my latest novel.

Having said that, I have a very strong feeling I will soon have good news about my latest offering, the first book of what could be a new series. I truly love this book and have been frustrated and disappointed at having failed (so far) to find it a home. However, with my new 2022 attitude, I really believe there was a reason for the difficulty, this book did not belong where I thought it did and its proper place will present itself soon enough...

So, let's talk about my new attitude! From this day forward, I vow to 'let things go'. It will be a daily practice for me, but I am so completely and utterly fed up with worrying about what might happen, what people might think, what others are doing/acheiving and a horrible fear that I am living my life from a place of ego rather than soul.

2022 is all about my personal happiness and I am so excited! I intend writing for the pure joy of it and not worry about whether the book will sell, I intend making  writing decisions based on my own instincts and not waste time concerning myself with the real or imagined opinions of others. I am also going to embark on something I wish to keep to myself for the time being, but it's something that has been on my bucket list for at least 5 years - but last week I signed up and committed to start this new journey in February.

Life is for enjoying on our own terms - I beg you, if you have been feeling down, overwhelmed, depressed or uncertain, take the first step toward living your best life and make your decisions based on how they make you feel rather than what you feel you 'should' do. You will be amazed how quickly and easily your life will become entirely YOURS!

Happy New Year!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment