IT'S SAGA SATURDAY!! I'm thrilled to welcome the wonderful Kitty Neale to my blog...


Saga Saturday

Hello, I’m Kitty Neale and I’m delighted to be featured here today on the Saga Saturday blog spot. I’d like to say a big thank you to the wonderful Rachel for this opportunity.

I’ve been writing sagas for almost twenty years, since my first novel, A Cuckoo in Candle Lane, was published by Orion. To date, I’ve penned a further twenty books with more on the way. They say you should write about what you know so that’s exactly what I do. Most of my stories are set in 1950’s Battersea, South London, the area where I grew up. Life was very different back then and I find that when I’m writing, the memories come flooding back. There are so many things that have gone now, like Green Shield stamps, carbolic soap and the ghastly spoonful of malt and cod liver oil. And of course, we didn’t have the technology that kids have today. Life seemed simpler in many ways. We often talk about the good old days and they were good but could also be very tough, especially for those not so well-off. My stories tend to centre on the hardships of life but I like to end with my character’s struggles over-coming adversity. After all, we all love a happy ending.

I try to keep my characters true to life and I’m often asked if they are based on real people. Well, the answer is no, they are all figments of my imagination though I do incorporate certain aspects of people I know or have met. And like most writers, I enjoy people watching and listening to conversations, even if I’m eavesdropping. So be careful what you say around me – you could end up in one of my books!

My latest novel, A Daughter’s Ruin, is due for release on February 23rd 2020. I hope you enjoy it!




Blurb
Kitty Neale was raised in South London and this working-class area became the inspiration for her novels. In the 1980s she moved to Surrey with her husband and two children, but in 1998 there was a catalyst in her life when her son died, aged just 27. After working for 2 years with other bereaved parents in a support group, Kitty took up writing as a form of catharsis, and now lives in Spain with her husband. Her latest book, A Family’s Heartbreak was a Sunday Times best seller.

Links
Facebook @KittyNealeAuthor
Twitter @KittyNeale

No comments

Post a Comment