Inspire Me!

This week's Inspire Me! post is about the inspirational speaker, Iyanla Vanzant whom I discovered while watching The Oprah Winfrey Show about 20 years ago. Since then, I have watched her speak countless times and have used one of her quotes in my daily life for years.

"Set it up the way you want it to be." Iyanla Vanzant

When I heard Iyanla say this and explain that it's no use blaming others for the state of your life, for your past, present and future, it really resonated with me. We are nobody's victim. We are here to make decisions and choices. We are here to 'set it up' the way we want it to be.

A woman who has lived through rape, violence, abuse and too many hardships to count, Iyanla has used her life to inspire and empower others. If you haven't heard her speak, I highly recommend you do. I have read several of her books and am always inspired to make changes, no matter how difficult, in my own life.

Inspirational women are plentiful and Iyanla is one of the best...

Happy Inspiration Day!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment