Welcome lovely historical romance author, Rosemary Smith!


 Hi, Rosemary! So lovely to welcome you to my blog for the first time - I remember you so fondly when we met at a library event I was hosting in my hometown. Since then, we have become firm online friends and it's a pleasure to interview you. Let's start with my questions...

What is your favourite thing about yourself?

1) If I have a favourite thing about myself, as have never thought about it! I am Blessed with being a good listener. No matter what the problem is, as I am very broad-minded ...

What do you wish you’d known before you started writing?

2) Before I had started writing, I wish I had been aware of how long it takes for Publishers to reply to an author!!! Drives me mad ... Waiting! ...

 Share a romantic moment in your life.

3) A romantic moment!? In the late 1960s I went out with a Corporal in the Royal Marines. One evening we were sitting in a bit along the seafront. The moon was shining on the water, and waves were softly lapping at the shore. When he asked me to marry him! It is a moment I never forgot, and when you asked the question, it was the first moment which came to mind!
We never did marry! I felt I couldn't cope with Army life. He was always being posted to Arbroath & Norway.... *Sigh* ...

Is there one subject you’d never write about as an author? What is it?

4) As a writer I could never write about child or animal abuse! I abhor it!! And can't imagine anyone who would wish to read about it!

Do you have any suggestions to help someone become a better writer? If so, what are they?

5) I would never give advice to another writer! After all, who am I to do such a thing? The only thing I would do, is point them in the direction of The Writers & Artists Yearbook, which has helped me tremendously. I call it A Writers Bible ..

If you could be the original author for any book, what would it be? Why?

6) How I would love to have been the author of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte! It is so romantic, yet tragic. The words Emily used are beautiful. Wish that I could write as she did. My favourite quote is from this book: ' Whatever our Souls are made of, his and mine are the same '. How beautiful, captivating & romantic those words are ...

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?

7) When I was young, in the 1950s, my sister & I were in a foster home in Sussex. I was a rebel! And was always getting a clip around the ear for answering back!

If I came to your house for dinner what would you prepare for me? Why?

8) What dinner would I cook for you? As I don't know if you are a meat eater or diabetic. I would probably do a vegetable lasagna with plenty of salad. Followed by a fresh fruit salad for dessert. Cheese, biscuits & coffee or tea to round it off ...

Thank you Rachel for having me on your blog. I have really enjoyed it. And it is wonderful it bought to mind one of my most romantic moments!

My books can be borrowed at any library (Rosemary A Smith)
They can also be purchased as Ebooks from Amazon (Rosemary Smith)




Rosemary's latest book is called A Stranger's Kiss - here is the blurb & Amazon buy link:

May, 1849. 

Sara Osborne has received a strange plea for help from her friend Amelia in Cornwall. 

Concerned, she travels to the imposing cliff-top house of Ravensmount. 

There, she meets Tobias Tremaine — whom Sara believed to be Amelia's husband. 

But Tobias claims they never married — and Amelia is missing... 

The mystery deepens as Sara meets Tobias's strange siblings and their father, Abraham. 

She finds herself strangely attracted to Tobias, and also feels a spark with his brother Michael.

As she spends more time at Ravenscourt she starts to fall in love with it.

But not everyone seems to want her there…

Can she find Amelia and unravel the mystery?

And will her feelings for one of the Tremaine brothers develop into more than just A Stranger’s Kiss?

‘A Stranger’s Kiss’ is an intriguing Gothic romance full of family secrets and hidden passageways. 

'A book that will keep you gripped until the last page.' - Robert Foster, best-selling author of 'The Lunar Code'. 

1 comment