Inspire Me!!


This week's Inspire Me! is all about the lovely Doris Day...

I must have been nine or ten when I was introduced to the beautiful Doris Day - it was a Sunday afternoon and I was sitting with mum in front of the TV and we started watching Calamity Jane. The film was all it took for me to start a love affair with a blonde, bubbly, smiling and entirely charismatic actress and singer.

Decades on, and now my youngest daughter is equally inspired by Doris - so much so, she's pursuing a career in musical theatre and now studies at the prestigious Italia Conti Academy in London. I couldn't be prouder!

Doris Day started her career as a big band singer in the late 1930s and never looked back. Her first film, Romance On the High Seas (1948) kick started an acting career that would span over twenty years. Movies like Pillow Talk, Move Over Darling and Calamity Jane illustrated Doris' talent, voice and wholesomeness that inspired and enamoured film goers all over the world.

She later became an animal activist and her work shone and grew - today, Doris is considered one of the most noted contributor to animal care in the world.

Despite the setbacks in her personal and love life, Doris Day (96) remains a stalwart figure of joy and inspiration and a woman I continue to admire and truly believe I always will...

Happy Inspiration Day!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment