The Royal Family At Christmas...


As a global nation we are close to obsessed with the British Royal family - or is that just me??

I'm an avid reader of British Royal Family biographies and have been for a long time - my favourite eras are Tudor, Victorian and Edwardian...along with our modern day Royal Family, including the unending mania surrounding the Fab Four (William, Catherine, Harry & Meghan).

Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year to 'Royal watch' and I love the traditions the Queen has upheld since the times of Queen Victoria and Albert. The popularity of the Christmas tree is accredited to Victoria and Albert and it is a tradition that has never wavered within the Royal family and, indeed, all of us.
Every year I'm glued to the TV as the Queen and her extended family descend on the St Mary Magdalene church at Sandringham. People queue for hours to catch a glimpse of, what is now, four generations of our current Royal family and they never fail to delight and please their patient subjects. Of course, there is always acute press attention paid to what the third generation are wearing, especially considering Catherine and Meghan have now become hugely influential fashion advocates for British designers and high street stores.

I like to think there are other things the Royal family influence at Christmas time - I love that the Queen donates to charities each year. I love that they have one traditional place for the entire family to gather (Sandringham) and I love they give one another 'novelty' presents rather than breaking the bank (or their sanity) thinking of the 'perfect gift' for, let's face it, family members who have access to everything!

Christmas is time for family - ours and the Royals.

What are your Christmas traditions? I'd love a sneak peak into my readers lives at this very special time of year!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment