IT'S GUEST AUTHOR SATURDAY! Please welcome rom-com author Margot Johnson...

 


Hi Margot! It's lovely to have you here today and for me to be able to share more about your and your work with my visitors. I wish you lots of success and sales with your latest release LET IT SIMMER (great title!)! Let's kick things off with my questions...

What was your first job? Did you like or dislike it? Why?

When I was a high school and university student, I taught figure skating lessons to beginners. It was fun to pass on my skills to kids who also loved to skate.

My first job after graduating with my English degree was writing ad copy at a radio station, and I loved the crazy, creative environment.

Do you have a pet peeve? If so what is it?

Not really. But I dislike being around people smoking. And being a dog lover, I find it hard to understand people who don’t like dogs.

Do you spend more time researching or writing?

So far, my research hasn’t taken nearly as long as my writing.

Tell me about your book Let it Simmer and where you got your inspiration for it?

Let it Simmer is book 3 in a rom-com series that I describe as The Love Boat (old TV show) on wheels. 

In the series, a quirky cast of characters discover adventure, mishaps, and romance on a bus tour led by a lively, fiftyish woman pursuing her dream job with a little matchmaking thrown in. This time, a sensible, mature widow like Susan doesn’t belong on a tour bus seated next to her high school crush. One thing's for sure...this holiday isn't what anybody expected!

The tour visits Waskesiu, located in beautiful Prince Albert National Park, Saskatchewan, Canada. Our family holidays there every summer, and it’s one of my favorite places, so it was a natural setting for my story.

How much of your book is realistic?

The cities, towns, parks, and countryside are real Saskatchewan places, but the restaurants, accommodations, and tourist spots are fictional. My characters are all fictional, but I hope they seem like real people.

What are your ambitions for your writing career?

I’d like to keep telling more stories and reach more readers. I have a few ideas to expand beyond romance.

Who is your role model? Why?

My dad was a journalist, author, and editor, and he instilled my love of reading and writing. I hope he would be proud of my work, even if romance wasn’t his genre.

Share one fact about yourself that would surprise people.

I’m currently Vice-President of the Saskatchewan Writers Guild. On a fun note, several years ago, I almost won a car on the TV show Let’s Make a Deal.


 BLURB

A sensible, mature widow like Susan doesn’t belong on a tour bus seated next to her high school crush. Thirty years later, Phil is as charming and handsome as ever, but she doesn’t need a new partner, especially not a love-’em-and-leave-’em guy.

Happily single, Phil tags along to celebrate his matchmaking mom’s eightieth birthday. She’s embarrassingly persistent, but maybe she’s right he should, finally, settle down with the right woman.

Susan only wants a little family time with her two cousins and a scenic vacation to Northern Saskatchewan…so why does she feel like a fluttery teenage girl? Can Phil spark even more excitement than games, scenery, and wildlife?


BIO: 

Margot Johnson grew up in a family of writers and has always loved books and writing. She is the author of two, sweet romance novels—Love Takes Flight and Love Leads the Way—and  three novellas—Let it Snowball, Let it Melt, and her new release, Let it Simmer.

Before turning her focus to the fun writing life, Margot held leadership roles in human resources and communications. When not writing, she loves to connect with family and friends, volunteer with SK Writers Guild, and walk at least 10,000 steps a day (except when it's minus 40!)

She lives in the Canadian prairies with her husband.

Facebook: MargotJohnsonAuthor  
Twitter@AuthorMargot  


1 comment

  1. Thank you so much for welcoming me to your blog! I love to connect with readers and other authors!

    ReplyDelete