My Monthly Book Review...


 

This month's review is for The Girl From The Savoy by Hazel Gaynor...

I was drawn into this book from the very first page and it didn't let me go until the last! I am a lover of the Edwardian era and the theatre so this book was bound to entice me - but then as I began reading, I realised it was a tale of our heroine, Dolly Lane, chasing her dreams.

Anyone who has read any of my books will know that this is a recurring and much-loved theme I can't resist writing, so with The Girl From The Savoy, I was well and truly caught!

Told from three points of view, this book is a romance, a WWII novel and a tale of strength over adversity, humility and hope.

This is the second book of Hazel's have read and I have now ordered a copy of The Cottingley Secret which I very much look forward to reading!




No comments

Post a Comment