My Monthly Book Review...

 


This month's review is for A Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer - a book first published in 1934 and my first ever reading of a Heyer novel!

As a romance author, you could be forgiven for thinking that I should be as familiar with Georgette Heyer as I am with Jane Austen but this wasn't true at all and, after reading A Convenient Marriage, I will definitely be reading more!

This book is full of fabulous characters, scrapes and japes, wit and fun - it moves along at a wonderful pace and was an extremely quick read. There are some parts that were beyond my believability but that did not take away from my enjoyment in the slightest.

The hero and heroine, the Earl of Rule and Horatia Winwood are an absolute joy and full of quick dialogue and somewhat erratic behaviour - the elegant balls, carriages, highwaymen and gambling cads add to the colour and naughtiness of the Georgian era.

A really great weekend read!


No comments

Post a Comment