My Monthly Book Review ...




This month's review is for Mrs Boots by Deborah Carr...

This book for first in what promises to be a great series! Inspired by the life and history of UK pharmacy Boots, I was super excited to read this book as I love any historicals that are inspired by real people and/or events and I wasn't disappointed.

Mrs Boots starts with the introduction of Florence Rowe who is filled with ambition and innovation for retail but her ideas are often curbed by her shopkeeper father. Not to mention a slightly overbearing mother who wishes to see Florence married.

Set on the beautiful island of Jersey, Florence then meets chemist and entrepreneur Jesse Boot and their relationship blossoms. Soon Florence can see a future that could include marriage AND a career. This is a wonderful start to what promises to be a fascinating series that I will definitely be following.

Recommended!




No comments

Post a Comment