Welcome mystery/romance author, Morton Gray...


 I'm thrilled to welcome Choc Lit author, Morton Gray to my blog - welcome Morton! I'm looking forward to learning more about you and your work - let's kick things off with my questions...

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I was never really sure, so I kept my options open by doing a business studies degree. I’ve never regretted it as you’d be surprised how much I still use from the marketing, production management, accounting, computing and personnel subjects from the degree.

I’ve ended up having several careers, working in many departments in the electricity industry, including personnel, training, development, administration, committee services and organising huge conferences. I left this job to run my own business as a therapist and now I am an author.

Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

I’m not at all keen on hot chocolate, despite loving chocolate bars. I drink Yorkshire tea normally, but love at least one proper coffee a day, usually when I’m writing in a café.

What genre do you typically read? Why?

I have quite varied tastes in fiction, but love historical, romantic suspense and timeslip. I tend to avoid anything gory or frightening, as the scenarios play on my mind. I prefer reading something that makes me feel uplifted and happy by the end of the book if possible.

Share a childhood memory

Books were always a large part of my childhood. My parents, sister and I used to go to the local library every Saturday morning to pick our weekly reading. My favourite memories are of being snuggled up on the sofa with my mother reading to me, so that must have been before I could read myself and I learned to read aged four! She was most likely reading an Enid Blyton book to me. Strange how I can still transport myself to that time in my mind.

Do you have any shameless addictions?

Erm … of course not … hides chocolate bars, numerous shower gels and carnival glass finds.


Blurb for The Truth Lies Buried published in paperback and audiobook on 12 March 2019, already an ebook


When Jenny Simpson returns to the seaside town of Borteen, her childhood home, it’s for a less than happy reason. But it’s also a chance for her to start again.

A new job leads to her working for Carver Rodgers, a man who lives alone in a house that looks like it comes from the pages of a fairy tale – until you see the disaster zone inside …

As Jenny gets to know Carver she begins to unravel the sadness that has led to his chaotic existence. Gradually they realise they have something in common that is impossible to ignore – and it all links back to a meeting at a police station many years before.

Could the truth lie just beneath their feet?
Biography for Morton S. Gray

Morton lives with her husband, two sons and Lily, the tiny white dog, in Worcestershire, U.K. She has been reading and writing fiction for as long as she can remember, penning her first attempt at a novel aged fourteen. She is a member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association and The Society of Authors.

Her debut novel The Girl on the Beach was published after she won Choc Lit Publishing Search for a Star competition. The story follows a woman with a troubled past as she tries to unravel the mystery surrounding her son’s headteacher, Harry Dixon. This book is available as a paperback and e-book.

Morton’s second book for Choc Lit The Truth Lies Buried is another romantic suspense novel, the book tells the story of Jenny Simpson and Carver Rodgers as they uncover secrets from their past. This book is available as an e-book and will be issued as a paperback and audiobook on 12 March 2019.

Christmas at Borteen Bay is published on 13 November 2018 and is Morton’s first Christmas novella. It is set in her fictional seaside town of Borteen and follows the story of Pippa Freeman who runs the Rose Court Guesthouse with her mother and local policeman Ethan Gibson as they unravel a family secret as Christmas approaches.

Morton previously worked in the electricity industry in committee services, staff development and training. She has a Business Studies degree and is a fully qualified clinical hypnotherapist and Reiki Master. She also has diplomas in Tuina acupressure massage and energy field therapy. She enjoys crafts, history and loves tracing family trees. Having a hunger for learning new things is a bonus for the research behind her books.

You can catch up with Morton on her website www.mortonsgray.com, on
Twitter - @MortonSGray, her Facebook page – Morton S. Gray Author - https://www.facebook.com/mortonsgray/ and
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/morton_s_gray/

Purchasing links for The Girl on the Beach at http://www.choc-lit.com/dd-product/the-girl-on-the-beach/

Purchasing links for The Truth Lies Buried at http://www.choc-lit.com/dd-product/the-truth-lies-buried/

Purchasing links for Christmas in Borteen Bay at https://www.choc-lit.com/dd-product/christmas-at-borteen-bay/


No comments

Post a Comment