Here we go again! The new work in progress...

Back in January of last year, I signed a four-book contract with Aria Fiction for the Pennington's Department Store series. How that last year has flown!

Having just handed in Pennington's book 3 (hopefully out in the Autumn), I have to dive straight into book 4 if I am going to meet my August deadline. To say I am struggling where to start with this one is an understatement! My original plan was for a trilogy, but when Aria offered me four books, I wasn't about to refuse.

So, what can I do with book 4?

At the moment, I'm keen for part of the book to take place on the Titanic - however, considering we all know what happened to the ship, it is proving a little difficult of how to make my initial idea work. I am determined to figure it out one way or another...

Starting a new book is always exciting, but also daunting. However, the research (at least for me!) is what gets me through and gives me the motivation to push forward. I already know who the heroine of this book will be as she appeared in books 2 and 3, but finding her hero is my next challenge. Do I use an existing secondary character or introduce someone new?

Watch this space!

In the meantime, have you bought your copy of book 2, A REBEL AT PENNINGTON'S?? Here's the blurb & buy links:

One woman's journey to find herself and help secure the vote. Perfect for the fans of the TV series Mr Selfridge and The Paradise.

1911 Bath. Banished from her ancestral home, passionate suffrage campaigner, Esther Stanbury works as a window dresser in Pennington's Department Store. She has hopes and dreams for women's progression and will do anything to help secure the vote.
Owner of the prestigious Phoenix Hotel, Lawrence Culford has what most would view as a successful life. But Lawrence is harbouring shame, resentment and an anger that threatens his future happiness.
When Esther and Lawrence meet their mutual understanding of life's challenges unites them and they are drawn to the possibility of a life of love that neither thought existed.
With the Coronation of King-Emperor George V looming, the atmosphere in Bath is building to fever pitch, as is the suffragists' determination to secure the vote.
Will Esther's rebellious nature lead her to ruin or can they overcome their pasts and look to build a future together?

Buy Links:


Happy reading!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment