Why We Love Harlequin Books!


I was around the age of 13 or 14 when I discovered my first Harlequin/Mills & Boon novel in my local library - if I remember correctly, I devoured it in a single day and then rushed back to the library the following day and borrowed half a dozen more!

This wasn't my first experience of the romance novel (I LOVED the Sweet Dreams series as a young girl), but it was the first time I felt inspired to write a romance of my own one day. A lifelong dream or calling that never disappeared.

So, fast-forward seven novels and two novellas later, you can imagine my joy when Harlequin bought the first book, Finding Justice, in what I planned to be a small-town romance series set in a fictional UK town called Templeton Cove. The Templeton Cove Stories went on to be a series of EIGHT books!

I was lucky enough to work with the same editor over the entire series and truly felt as though I'd found my writing home.

But isn't this what Harlequin provides its masses of dedicated readers? Consistency, excitement, feisty heroines, alpha males that ultimately stand by their lovers and a satisfying escapist read. Although many Harlequin lines have closed over the years, there are still enough that readers have a choice of the sub-genre they would like to read and when. This is what makes Harlequin a brand I think will run for many, many years to come.

I plan to submit to Harlequin again later this year with a brand-new contemporary romance trilogy so watch this space! In the meantime, my Harlequin series is still available for download so why not pop by my website and find your newest read today?? All books can be read standalone.


Happy Reading,

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment