Inspire Me!

In this week's Inspire Me! I'm paying homage to the wonderful Audrey Hepburn.

I first discovered Audrey Hepburn when I was fourteen or fifteen and I sat down with my nan one afternoon to watch Breakfast At Tiffany's...and immediately fell in love. Not with George Peppard, but with Audrey. She lit up the screen from the moment she stepped from the taxi in the very first scene until the very end of the film.

She had a presence that was extremely rare - from her beautiful, almost perfect, face to the way she could wear ANYTHING and look amazing, Hepburn was mesmerising. When I watch her perform, I find it difficult to look away, even for a second, and have become a huge fan of her films. My favourites being Breakfast At Tiffany's, Roman Holiday and My Fair Lady. Having been nominated for five Academy Awards and ten Golden Globe Awards, and winning one Academy award, two Golden Globes and a Tony, her skill as an actor cannot be disputed.

Beautiful, talented and an humanitarian working with UNICEF, Audrey Hepburn has achieved far more than a successful acting career. Yes, she will forever be a style icon but, for me, Audrey Hepburn represents a woman to admire, a woman to aspire to - a woman who transcended her beauty to become a woman wholly respected in her field as well as a lasting name who dedicated her later life to helping others.

Happy Inspiration Day!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment