Welcome to Templeton Cove…


 
For many years, it was a dream of mine to write a series of books set in the same small town. This dream was inspired by my obsession with the many trilogies, quartets and series written by Nora Roberts, Jill Shalvis’ Lucky Harbor series and Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series. All of these books influenced my love of small-town romances and the dream of creating a huge cast of characters and their exploits in the same town.

The debut book in the Templeton Cove series (Finding Justice) was the first book I wrote with a continuing series in mind from the very beginning. When my agent at the time submitted this book to Harlequin in 2012, I was already writing book two, A Man Like Him. So, you can imagine my hysteria when these books were soon contracted and then Harlequin went on to offer me a contract for a further three (What Belongs To Her & Christmas At The Cove and Her Hometown Redemption).

Part of me still finds it hard to believe I was lucky enough to continue to work with the same editor on this series for a total of eight books (the final three being Saved By The Firefighter, Ethan’s Daughter and A Stranger In The Cove) until the Superromance line folded last year.

At the time of the line closing, I was so upset. Not just because I loved the series so much, not to mention working with my fabulous editor, but because I still had more stories in me about this wonderful town.

All the books can be read stand-alone and are a mix of mainstream romance and romantic suspense stories. There are some stalwart, recurring characters that appear in most of the books, if not all. The most popular of these characters, for both my readers and me, is the town’s matriarch, Marian Cohen. She’s feisty, fun and has a heart big enough to hold the whole world – she’s the oracle, the person all the young hero and heroines and secondary characters go to when they need help, comfort or advice. She was a joy to write every time she stepped onto the page!

The more Templeton Cove books I released, the more people seem to enjoy them. I will love the Cove and its residents for the rest of my life, but it was wonderful to end the series with what I consider ‘Marian’s Story’ (A Stranger In The Cove).

If you like small-town or coastal town romance, with a cast of quirky, fun and sentimental characters with lots of laughter, tears, suspense and adventure, I’d love you to give Templeton Cove a try!

Head over to my books page for the full list and buy links J


Templeton Cove Trailer…


No comments

Post a Comment