Inspire Me!

This week's Inspire Me! is all about the fabulous romance novelist, Nora Roberts.

Anyone who knows me, knows Nora Roberts is not just one of my biggest inspirational, literary idols, she is also a huge influence on my work and creator of the sort of strong, go-getting heroines I love to write.

Whether she's writing mainstream romance, romantic suspense or futuristic romance (under the pseudonym J D Robb), Nora Roberts novels deliver unforgettable heroes and heroines, fabulous storylines, beautifully sensual love scenes and dynamite dialogue.

Her critics have been known to say her stories are all the same or that she writes to a formula - I could not disagree more strongly. As an author of over 200 novels, Ms Roberts is as prolific as she is talented and why wouldn't she know her how to execute her craft well and consistently when she has such a wealth of experience, blood, sweat and tears behind her?

I've read over a hundred of her books and, clearly, I still have many, many more to read. I eke her titles out like treats. Only allowing myself to pick up another Nora Roberts novel when I've read a sufficient number of other authors in between.

For me, Nora Roberts is a strong, determined and wonderful woman who I had the pleasure of meeting a few years ago. She's as lovely, welcoming and funny as I'd imagined her to be. A true inspiration...

Happy Inspiration Day!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment