Inspire Me...


This week's Inspire Me! feature is all about the wonderful Maya Angelou...

I first discovered Maya around the age of fourteen or fifteen when I started watching The Oprah Winfrey Show. She was introduced as Oprah's mentor and spiritual adviser and as soon as Maya started to speak with her soft, soothing voice I knew I'd also found a new mentor.

Maya's life was varied in the most profound sense - from bar singer, to civil rights activist, to poet, to speech writer to author to mother, Maya Angelou has touched more lives than one person could ever count. Inspiring, tenacious, passionate and committed to complete integrity, there isn't much a person could not admire about one of most outspoken and articulate orators the world has ever seen.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

This is one of my favourite quotes of Maya's MANY - this simple, almost effortless, observation of human nature resonated with me on such a deep level, I still repeat this to myself over and over again years after I first heard it. For me, never has a truer statement been said - I will carry it with me always.

So, lovely readers, I ask you to absorb this quote, its sentiment and go about your day, EVERY day, with Maya's words in mind.

Happy Inspiration Day!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment