Welcome contemporary romance author, Jo Lambert...



Hi, Jo! Great to welcome a fellow RNA member to my blog - I'm really looking forward to catching up with you and hearing all about your latest release, Watercolours In The Rain. Let's start with my questions...

1.What is the strangest talent you have?
Heavens, that’s a difficult one.  I can touch my nose with my tongue – yes my tongue is that long! A talent? Not sure but can definitely confirm I have no reptilian cousins!

2. What is the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn?
I think it has to be from way back when I was in my twenties.  During those years we had a big group of friends and took it in turns to have parties.  I remember going to a Halloween party kitted out as Morticia from the Addams family.  Black clothes, black wig, scary make up, false nails – the lot!


3. Are the titles of your books important?
Definitely. All of my titles apart from one are taken from songs, and they all have relevance to the books I have written.  As music playlists are an important part of my writing, I guess it was only natural that I look to song titles for inspiration when it came to finding a title for the book.  The only book to buck this trend was the second in my Little Court Series which ended up being called Love, Lies and Promises.  It was perfect as those three things were central to the story and on that occasion I don’t think I could have found a song title which would have done a better job.

4. If you’re struggling with a scene or difficult character, what methods help you through it?
When I first began writing and ran into problems, I’d spend a lot of time trying to work out how to change things to make them come right. Getting out of this sort of situation could set the project back for days. Writing the way I do, with an outline of what’s going to happen but no detailed Post-It note trail, although I have flexibility I’m more likely to run into difficulties than if I wrote to a structured plan.  However, past experience has told me that sometimes if things aren’t working then very often they aren’t meant to be.  That’s not to say I don’t take a step back, walk away for 24 – 48 hours to have a rethink and give the troublesome scene or character my best shot. However, I think I now recognise whether something can be salvaged or not, which does save time.

5. Do you prefer dog, cats or none of the above?
I’m definitely a cat person.  Felines were always part of the family when I was growing up and I couldn’t wait to own my own cat.  During my lifetime I’ve owned eight different felines.  They all had different personalities but my favourite was Ziggy.  He was half ginger tabby/half Burmese and a very gentle and vocal boy.   Sadly he became diabetic and although we managed the disease for two years eventually we had to put him to sleep.  I still miss him.



6. Who’s your favourite author? Why?
  I’ve always been a great fan of Lesley Pearse. Her books had a huge impact on me and were probably the reason I decided to begin writing.

7. Do you have a pet peeve?
Loads of them!  The biggest I guess are about mobile phones. I have one and they have become a necessity to modern living.  BUT  - nothing makes me more annoyed than people at a pedestrian crossing who decide to continue texting as they cross the road. It means everyone coming in the opposite direction has move out of the way to avoid them. So inconsiderate. Also when texting became popular I thought we might be spared having to listen to peoples’ conversation on buses or in restaurants. Sadly that’s not happened. I really can’t get my head around someone wanting to treat everyone around them to the intimate details of their lives. OK it can be funny but then at other times it can be really embarrassing!

8. Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning?
Not always.  I have to say some make me feel really happy and relaxed but there are those which can make me feel uncomfortable. Very often that discomfort won’t go away for a while. I also get moments of déjà vu where I’m sure I’ve had a dream about what’s currently happening or a place I’m visiting. That can be a little scary.

Blurb:


WATERCOLOURS IN THE RAIN
What happens to the future when past and present collide?
JESS:  Six years ago Jess’s relationship with Talún Hansen was torn apart by one night of deception. He disappeared from Lynbrook village and she headed for university vowing never to let anyone break her heart again. Currently teaching in Oxford, Jess returns from holiday to an unexpected phone call and life changing news which eventually sees her returning home.
Talún: Six years on Talún Hawkeswood, as he is now known, is heir to his grandfather’s Norfolk farming empire. When he hears of trouble in the village due to Lynbrook Hall being put up for sale, going back is the last thing on his mind. But staying away is not an option either, not when someone he owes so much to is about to lose their home and their livelihood.
LILY: Splitting with her husband after her son Josh’s birth, Lily now works as part of an estate agency sales team.  She has always held onto her dream of finding a wealthy husband and a life of self-indulgence. When the sale of an important property brings her face to face with Talún, she realises despite the risks involved, the night they spent together six years ago could be the key to making those dreams come true.
As Jess, Talún and Lily return to Lynbrook and the truth about what happened that summer is gradually revealed, Talún finds himself in an impossible situation. Still in love with Jess he is tied into a trade off with Lily: his name and the lifestyle she craves in exchange for his son. And when a child is involved there is only one choice he can make…
WATERCOLOURS IN THE RAIN PURCHASE LINKS
 AMAZON.COM   Link: http://a.co/fjQMEo6

BIO:

Born and raised in rural Wiltshire, I grew up with a love of books and a vivid imagination. As a child I enjoyed creating my own adventure stories similar to Enid Blyton's Famous Five. Writing always stayed with me, but college, work and eventually marriage found it was kept very much in the background. However in 2009 I finally had my first novel - When Tomorrow Comes - published. Four other connected books - Love Lies and Promises, The Ghost of You and Me and Between Today and Yesterday followed. They became collectively known as the Little Court Series.

In 2013 I decided to give up full time work to concentrate fully on my writing. Three other books have been written since - The Other Side of Morning which was the final book of the Little Court Series and my South Devon Duo - Summer Moved on and Watercolours in the Rain. This Year I signed a contract with Choc Lit Ruby Imprint for The Boys of Summer a contemporary saga/romance set in North Cornwall.

I'm married and live in a village on the eastern edge of Bath with my husband, one small grey feline called Mollie and a green MGB GT. I love travel, red wine and rock music.


Twitter: @jolambertwriter
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jolambert185


No comments

Post a Comment