Little bit in love with Versailles...


My lovely Mr B and I took a three-night break to Versailles a couple of weeks ago and, I have to say, if you haven't been yet, you must! The town itself is beautiful, the people just lovely and the food and wine...gorgeous!

As much as I would've spent every day watching the world go by outside one of the many bistros and coffee houses, it was the palace that really blew us away. The scale of the house and the entirely over-the-top exterior and interior gives visitors an insight into the mind of Louis XIV but, for me, it was the mammoth palace gardens and Marie Antoinette's Petit Trianon and gardens that really capture my imagination.

It is hard to describe Marie Antoinette's secret village...it is made up of tiny houses, a water mill and other outbuildings where she escaped the claustrophobia of the royal court. A small brook runs through this miniature village creating a peaceful, romantic ambience that is truly breathtaking.

My pictures are a small taste of this amazing place but I urge you to mark a visit in your calendars - you won't regret it!

No comments

Post a Comment