The Mistress of Pennington's is available for preorder!!


I am SO excited to bring you the first book in my brand new Edwardian series set in Bath's finest department store!

The Mistress of Pennington's is a book I have wanted to write since falling in love with the two fabulous TV series, Mr Selfridge and The Paradise. As I watched these shows, I was immersed in the characters, clothes and drama all the while imagining how I would've written the episodes differently, the subjects and history I would include.

For a long time, I thought I couldn't possibly write something set in a department store and not have people think I'd 'copied' these two great programmes. Fortunately, Elizabeth Pennington, the heroine of book 1 would not stop pestering me until I wrote her story.

Months later, The Mistress of Pennington's was born and, since then, I've finished book 2.

In January I was offered a 4 book deal with Aria Fiction for the series and I am thrilled! Why not reserve your copy of The Mistress of Pennington's today??

Blurb:

1910 – A compelling tale of female empowerment in Bath's leading department store. Perfect for the fans of the TV series Mr Selfridge and The Paradise.
Elizabeth Pennington should be the rightful heir of Bath's premier department store through her enterprising schemes and dogged hard work. Her father, Edward Pennington, believes his daughter lacks the business acumen to run his empire and is resolute a man will succeed him.
Determined to break from her father's iron-clad hold and prove she is worthy of inheriting the store, Elizabeth forms an unlikely alliance with ambitious and charismatic master glove-maker Joseph Carter. United they forge forward to bring Pennington's into a new decade, embracing woman's equality and progression whilst trying not to mix business and pleasure.
Can this dream team thwart Edward Pennington's plans for the store? Or will Edward prove himself an unshakeable force who will ultimately ruin both Elizabeth and Joseph?


Buy Links:

UK Amazon:  http://amzn.eu/efvcTLG

US Amazon: http://a.co/axcD9Rp

No comments

Post a Comment