My Favourite Christmas Tradition



I found it too hard to name just one tradition I love, so I’ll name several!

The first occurs on Christmas Eve. For the last seven years, our fabulous neighbours and the Brimbles have gotten together with other friends and neighbours for a night of celebration, games, food and drink. We take turns hosting and now that the guests have grown to such a number, it means we only host every six years, which really spreads out the catering. Cannot wait to see what our neighbours have in store for us this year!

The other tradition is opening presents in our pajamas. Every Christmas morning, my husband and I go downstairs with our two daughters and take turns opening presents before we devour my husband’s traditional Christmas breakfast. He always makes smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels with the obligatory glass of bucks fizz J


My last Christmas tradition might not be very exciting, but it’s something I look forward to every year. By about nine o’clock in the evening, the celebrations are dwindling, our stomachs are fit to bursting and all that’s left to do is slump onto the sofa with a glass of wine to watch all the fabulous Christmas viewing. This year, Victoria is at the top of the list!

Rachel xx

No comments

Post a Comment