London, baby!!!


When my good friend, Teri Wilson told me she was coming from Texas for a visit in the UK, it didn't take me more than a second to agree to travel to London for an overnight stay. As excited as I was, the trip was made all the better when I learned we'd be joined by Julia London and Katherine Gabera. We stayed in the beautiful Pelham Hotel in the ultra-glamourous South Kensington and after a quick catch up, we headed to Kensington Palace.

The palace is currently hosting a Princess Diana exhibition and several of her AMAZING dresses and outfits are on public display. As a huge Diana fan I cannot tell you how it feels to see her dresses up close and personal. They are beautiful and displayed from her very first public appearances to her transformation post-divorce. Well worth a visit!

After a lunch that involved a lot of laughter, writerly talk and encouragement, we took a walk through Hyde Park and returned to Knightsbridge where we visited Harrods...and had more than a little trouble finding our way back out!

After more laughter and a couple of glasses of wine, we took a cab to beautiful Belgravia for dinner. The streets are lit for Christmas and the decorations are stunning! We were then joined by the fabulous Sarah Morgan and Julia Kelly. We had a marvellous time exchanging stories, ancedotes and, for me, a lot of advice was given about how to stay positive in what has been my quietest year contract wise for over 5 years.

These women are amazing and I can safely say, I have made four new friends that I will be able to count on for future chats and good times.

A truly wonderful day and night, I'll never forget!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment