Welcome prolific romance author, Kate Hewitt...



 Hi, Kate! So lovely to invite you back to my blog and be a part on your ongoing tour for your latest release, MEET ME AT WILLOUGHBY CLOSE. Wishing you much success and sales! Let's start with my questions...

1.)              What is the strangest talent you have? Oh, wow. I wish I had strange talents! I suppose I’d say catching basically anything. When I was little I used to toss a ball in the air while I thought up stories and now, if you throw anything at my face, I can snap it up with my hand. It is useful when your husband is tossing you the car keys!
2.)              What is the best Halloween costume you’ve ever worn? In Year three my mother made me an amazing bumble bee costume, with clear plastic wings that I was very proud of.
3.)              Are the titles of your books important? Yes—when the title is right I can tell. It’s like the last puzzle piece sliding into place.
4.)              If you’re struggling with a scene or difficult character, what methods help you through it? I have to stop thinking, which sounds strange, but I need to let my subconscious do the work. I usually take a walk or a long bubble bath and let my mind seethe beneath the surface. Eventually (hopefully!) an idea pops into my head.
5.)              Do you prefer dog, cats or none of the above? Dogs, but I’d like to get a cat. My husband is not convinced.
6.)              Who’s your favourite author? Why? I have too many to name, but the wonderful historical Gillian Bradshaw is one I reread again and again. I highly recommend The Sand Reckoner and Render Unto Caesar.
7.)              Do you have a pet peeve? Yes—when people use apostrophe s (as in cat’s) for a plural. Drives me mad!
8.)              Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning? Sometimes. My dreams tend to be very obvious to analyse. When I’m stressed I usually dream about missing flights or having to take a test in a subject I never studied.
Meet Me at Willoughby Close by Kate Hewitt Media Kit

Blurb: Meet Me in Willoughby Close

Welcome to Willoughby Close… a charming cluster of cozy cottages, each with a story to tell and a happy ending to deliver…

Ellie Matthews has come to Wychwood-on-Lea to find a new start for her and her daughter Abby. But, life there doesn’t start out as idyllic as she had hoped. While Ellie loves her cute cottage in Willoughby Close, the Yummy Mummies at the primary school seem intent on giving her the cold shoulder, Abby has trouble fitting in, and her boss, Oliver Venables, is both surprisingly sexy and irritatingly inscrutable.

But miracles can happen in the most unexpected places, and in small, yet wonderful ways. Slowly, Ellie and Abby find themselves making friends and experiencing the everyday magic of Willoughby Close. When Oliver’s nephew, Tobias, befriends Abby, the four of them start to feel like family… and Ellie begins to see the kindness and warmth beneath Oliver’s chilly exterior, which awakens both her longing and fear.

Ellie knows all about disappointment, and the pain of trying too hard for nothing, while Oliver has his own hurts and secrets to deal with. When the past comes rollicking back to remind both of them of their weaknesses and failings, will they be able to overcome their fears and find their own happy ending?

Discover the heartwarming magic of Willoughby Close… with four more stories of hope and happily-ever-afters to look forward to.

Links:



About Kate Hewitt: Kate is the USA Today-bsetselling author of over 40 books of women's fiction and romance. She is the author of the Hartley-by-the-Sea series, set in England's Lake District and published by Penguin. She is also, under the name Katharine Swartz, the author of the Tales from Goswell books, a series of time-slip novels set in the village of Goswell. Other series include the Emigrants Trilogy, the Amherst Island Trilogy, and the Falling For The Freemans series.

She likes to read romance, mystery, the occasional straight historical and angsty women's fiction; she particularly enjoys reading about well-drawn characters and avoids high-concept plots.

Having lived in both New York City and a tiny village on the windswept northwest coast of England, she now resides in the English Cotswolds with her husband, five children, and an overly affectionate Golden Retriever. You can read about her life at http://www.acumbrianlife.blogspot.co.uk.

Links:


Giveaway:

3 Paperback Copies of A Cotswold Christmas (UK ONLY)



No comments

Post a Comment