HAPPY NEW YEAR, LOVELY READERS!!


Here we are then...December 31st 2016

Another year over, another year done.

Have you acheived everything you set out to do on January 1st 2016? Have you suffered grief or disappointment that you couldn't have predicted? Experienced joy or love that you never expected?

Each year brings opportunities, joy and sadness - there isn't a lot we can do to change that, but how we deal with these experiences is in our control.



When I lost my beloved black Lab, Max, at the beginning of 2015, I thought I was going to die right along with him. I was that grief-stricken. Then, in May 2015, a friend could see how I struggled and suggested a website that puts foster parents to dogs looking to be walked and homed for a night, the weekend and holidays while they're owners are at work or away.

I started fostering a gorgeous six-month old chocolate Lab in June...by Jan 2016, my family and I had adopted him. Tyler now gives me the joy I so desperately missed when Max died and gives me reason to get out of the house every day...twice a day.

This experience taught me life is for living, for expecting the unexpected and accepting the love offered whenever that may come from.

So bring it on 2017, I'm ready and waiting to face the challenges, embrace the joy and share the love. Happy New Year, lovely readers - I can't wait to share in your journeys too!

Love, Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment