Welcome fellow RNA member, the lovely LIz Fenwick...


Hi Liz! Thrilled to have you visit my blog today and have the chance to catch up and hear about your latest release, UNDER A CORNISH SKY. Hope you enjoy your time here! Let's kick off with my questions...

1.)                What did you want to be when you grew up? 

An author or a princess…

2.)                Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

 Coffee, black.
3.)                What genre do you typically read? Why? 

Historical, to escape…

4.)                Share a favourite childhood memory. 

There are so many but recently I’ve been thinking about my summers growing up on Cape Cod. The beach wasn’t far away and life seemed to be spent there even at night after the gates were locked. My neighbour Josh was my summertime best friend and I recall many night slipping through the gap in the chain fence. We would run to reach the lifeguard tower. Once there we would sit for hours looking at the sky and talking…I have no recollection of what we discussed, but I remember the stars, the damp sand and the sound of the waves lapping the beach. Bliss.

5.)                Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes? 

I have only realised since we returned from Dubai that I have a handbag problem. It was easy to hide it when things were divided between three locations but now I know I have an addiction!

6.)                What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?

 Trying to make it better than the last one and making sure the story idea is big enough to carry through a whole book.

7.)                Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?

 When I’m writing a first draft I aim for 1000 to 2000 words a day…normally start slowly and building the closer I come to the end.

8.)                What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

 People have called my books a series, but I don’t think of them that way. Although they are linked by location and secondary characters. I know I like revisiting the characters and peeking in on their lives and my readers tell me they enjoy this too. As a reader I love connected books.


BLURB:

Demi desperately needs her luck to change. On the sleeper train down to Cornwall, she can't help wondering why everything always goes wrong for her. Having missed out on her dream job, and left with nowhere to stay following her boyfriend's betrayal, pitching up at her grandfather's cottage is her only option.
Victoria thinks she's finally got what she wanted: Boscawen, the gorgeous Cornish estate her family owned for generations should now rightfully be hers, following her husband's sudden death. After years of a loveless marriage and many secret affairs of her own, Victoria thinks new widowhood will suit her very well indeed . . .
But both women are in for a surprise. Surrounded by orchards, gardens and the sea, Boscawen is about to play an unexpected role in both their lives. Can two such different women find a way forward when luck changes both their lives so drastically?
In UNDER A CORNISH SKY Liz Fenwick weaves another deliciously irresistible tale set in the heart of her beloved Cornwall.



BIO:

Writer, ex-pat expert, wife, mother of three, and dreamer turned doer....

Award winning author of The Cornish House, A Cornish Affair, A Cornish Stranger and Under A Cornish Sky. After nine international moves, I'm a bit of a global nomad. It's no wonder my heart remains in Cornwall.

I'm currently editing my next book - The Returning Tide due in January 2017.





No comments

Post a Comment