Happiness...It's all a state of mind!




Happiness is a subject very close to my heart­­––and the question of whether Happiness happens or we create our own happiness, even more so.

I am a very spiritual person and love reading books on creating a better life by living “consciously”. For me, one of the most life-changing books I have ever read is A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. This book changed the way I view everything––from problems in my day-to-day life, to my decision making, to my moods, to the feelings of the people I love…and even the people I don't tend to get on with as much as I'd like. Everything changed as soon as I chose to look at things in an entirely different way. With joy.

Happiness is a state of mind that we can chose to be in––or not. If we become frustrated, angry or upset, more often than not, there’s something about that given situation that is more about what is going on inside us than anything else. Maybe our ego has taken a bashing, or we don’t feel heard or validated. Real or imagined dismissal is a horrible thing, but usually something we’re telling ourselves internally rather than what anybody has said or implied.

If we’re happy and positive about our own lives, other people’s opinions and thoughts are welcomed rather than feared.

This goes to every aspect from our home, to family, to career, to dreams and wishes. I try to live authentically every day and since I’ve changed my mindset (admittedly, this can slip from time to time!) to stay positive and open, rather than negative and closed, things have started happening. Good things!

I am happier at home as well as enjoying my career going from strength to strength. I’ve made a “conscious” decision to start facing some of my fears which I know hold me back from positive and life-enhancing experiences. I am nervous and shy when I first meet new people, but after an hour or two, it’s hard to shut me up. By letting that initial fear of meeting people overtake the rest of my personality, I was holding off great experiences waiting to happen for me.

Since I’ve forced myself to face this fear, I’ve attended writer’s meetings, conferences, driven to see stately homes and castles I never would’ve have seen if I just didn’t do it, MYSELF. Happiness is about seizing the things that bring YOU joy rather than waiting for other people to read your heart and mind.


 Enjoy life! Enjoy happiness!

No comments

Post a Comment