Welcome Accent Press author, Lynne Shelby...


 Hi Lynne! Great to welcome you my blog today - I'm looking forward to learning more about you and your work. Wishing you much success and sales with your latest release, FRENCH KISSING! Let's start with my questions...

1.)            What did you want to be when you grew up?

I always wanted to be a writer. I sent off my first manuscript to a publisher when I was fourteen – they didn’t publish it, but they did send me a kind letter telling me they thought I had talent and to keep on writing – I’m so glad I took their advice!

2.)            Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Tea throughout the day - I’m a chain tea-drinker.

3.)            What genre do you typically read? Why?

I read books of every genre and mainstream novels, but mostly I read romantic novels, because they focus on characters and relationships. Even when I read hard SF or a crime thriller, I prefer a story that has the relationships between the characters at its centre.

4.)            Share a favourite childhood memory.

My first riding lesson when I was seven – I’d wanted to learn to ride for ages, and I can still remember how amazing it was to be actually riding a horse.

5.)            Do you have any shameless addictions? ie. Tea, Books, Shoes, Clothes?

Books – my tbr pile is on the verge of tottering over, but I can’t resist adding to it.

6.)            What do you think is the biggest challenge of writing a new book?

For me, it’s knowing the right place to start my story so that it begins in the middle of the action. When I read through the first draft of my WIP, I realised that I needed to cut the first two chapters, as they were only telling my heroine’s backstory. While the events they described are important to explain why my heroine acts as she does, they work better dropped into later chapters – at the beginning they just held up the plot!

7.)            Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages a day?

I aim for 1,000 words a day, and usually manage between 800 and 1,000 – but I sometimes edit them down to 500 words!

8.)            What are your thoughts on writing a book series?

My current WIP is the first in a series (although it can be read as a standalone too), but rather than continue the story of the main characters, the next book will feature two of the minor characters from the first book as the hero and heroine. I like the idea of different characters wandering in and out of books in a series.
Blurb
French Kissing by Lynne Shelby
Anna Mitchel has been writing letters to her French penfriend, Alexandre Tourville, for fifteen years, but hasn’t seen him since they met as children on a school exchange trip. When Paris-based Alex, now a successful professional photographer, comes to work in London, Anna fails to recognise him. Instead of the small, geeky boy she remembers, he is tall, broad-shouldered and gorgeous. Anna’s female friends are soon swooning over Alex’s Gallic charm, and Anna’s boyfriend, Nick, is becoming increasingly jealous of their friendship. When Alex has to return to Paris to oversee the hanging of his photographs in an exhibition, he invites Anna to accompany him so that he can show her the city he adores …

Bio
Lynne Shelby can’t remember a time when she wasn’t writing, and her ambition was always to be a published author. She writes contemporary romance, because that's what she likes reading the most. In 2015, she was thrilled to win the Accent Press & Woman Magazine Writing Competition with her debut novel 'French Kissing.' She loves travelling and is inspired to write by the many wonderful foreign cities that she has visited and explored, with a camera and writer's notebook in hand - Rome, Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, Venice, New York, Copenhagen, Berlin and of course Paris, the city which inspired her to write 'French Kissing'.
Twitter: @LynneB1
Comments?? Questions??



No comments

Post a Comment