Living In The Shadows by Judith Barrow...



Hi Judith! It's great to have you here and to be a part of your ongoing tour - I'm looking forward to learning more about you and your work. Wishing you many sales and much success with your latest release, Living In The Shadows! Let's start off with my questions...

1.    What do you wish men understood about women?

This is a difficult one. I just wish there was generally more empathy around for both genders I think.

2.    Do you only work on one book at a time?                                                 

Years ago I did work on only one book at a time. These days I tend to concentrate on one book but sometimes go back to another, just to keep it fresh in my mind. In fact, I actually have three books on the go at the moment but one is only at the research and planning stage. I do love the research part of any book I write.

3.    Who is your favorite fictional couple?

Hmm! Jack Dawson & Rose DeWitt Bukater, I think.  Titanic is one of my favourite films and Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet were tremendous actors in it.

4.    Do you have a favorite quote that sums up how you feel about life?                                           

Oh, “Live for Today”. It’s something I’ve always tried to do but it’s so hard; life moves at such a speed, there’s always things to plan, to arrange, to prepare for. But lately, living for today is something I’ve kept in the forefront of my mind.

5.    Do you set daily writing goals? Word count? Number of chapters? Do you get a chance to write every day?                                                                                                                    

I do try to write every day; I always have. I get all twitchy inside if anything stops me. I don’t have a goal, I write until I run out of time. These days domestic trivia (housework) takes a very poor second place.

6.  What do you like better, Twitter or Facebook? Why?

I prefer Facebook because there’s more personal interaction. I have two pages; my profile page, which is shared with friends and is more for fun posts and the occasional promotion of my work and of friend’s writing. And I have an author page, (Am I allowed to share this?  http://on.fb.me/1R8eDdx ) which is public and used only to promote novels etc. that I’ve enjoyed or look interesting or I’m asked to share. Mind you I am on Twitter every day; I like the immediacy of it and the way certain hashtags work. It’s certainly a way of getting noticed I think.

7.    What are you working on now?

I’m writing the prequel to the trilogy, working title “Foreshadowing”. It’s the story of Mary Howarth’s mother and father (Mary is the initial protagonist in the first two books of the trilogy, Pattern of Shadows and Changing Patterns,). Set between 1910 and 1924, it’s the story of how Winifred and Bill lived before and after they met and married.


 LIVING IN THE SHADOWS
BY JUDITH BARROW
Genre: Historical Fiction
Release Date: 16 July 2015
Publisher:  Honno Welsh Women’s Press
It's 1969 and Mary Schormann is living quietly in Wales with her ex-POW husband, Peter, and her teenage twins, Richard and Victoria.

Her niece, Linda Booth, is a nurse - following in Mary's footsteps - and works in the maternity ward of her local hospital in Lancashire.

At the end of a long night shift, a bullying new father visits the maternity ward and brings back Linda's darkest nightmares, her terror of being locked in. Who is this man, and why does he scare her so?

There are secrets dating back to the war that still haunt the family, and finding out what lies at their root might be the only way Linda can escape their murderous consequences.


Sequel to the acclaimed Changing Patterns and Pattern of Shadows:

"Judith Barrow has not written an ordinary romance but a book that deals with important issues which are still relevant today... an excellent debut novel."
Historical Novels Review

"Judith Barrow has written, with great intensity of emotions, an absorbing saga..."
www.gwales.com

"well-paced, gritty love story"
Western Mail

"An unforgettable debut novel - perfectly paced"
Menna Elfyn

"Barrow's thoughtful and atmospheric novel shines a light on the shadowy corners of family life..."
Lancashire Evening Post

"a gripping read."
Tivyside Advertiser
BUY LINKS

About Judith Barrow
Judith Barrow has lived in Pembrokeshire for thirty years. She is the author of three novels, and has published poetry and short fiction, winning several poetry competitions, as well as writing three children's books and a play performed at the Dylan Thomas Centre. Judith grew up in the Pennines, has degrees in literature and creative writing and makes regular appearances at literary festivals.

GIVEAWAY
3 copies of the book (open internationally)

  




No comments

Post a Comment