Welcome contemporary romance author, Jenny Kane...



Thrilled to welcome my friend and prolific author, Jenny Kane to my blog today. Hi, Jenny! We are fellow members of the Bath/Wiltshire chapter of the Romantic Novelists Association and have met several times in person as well as chatting online. Jenny is one of the most informative and friendly women (of many!) I have met through the RNA...let's get started with the questions!

Many thanks for inviting me to your blog today Rachel.
As it’s the start of a fresh new year (Happy New Year everyone!), I thought I’d ease back into blogging mode with a nice relaxing chat. So, I asked a friend to pretend she didn’t know me, to ask me 20 quick-fire questions she thought you might want to know the answers to! Yes- I know that’s a little bit mad- but I’m a writer- insanity is only ever inches away!!

1.     Do you just write as Jenny, or do you have multiple personas?
I have one other ‘me’ as well as Jenny, and that’s Kay Jaybee- an erotica writer of the ‘full on’ persuasion.
2.     Are you more like Kay or Jenny in real life?
Jenny- no question!
3.      Do you love coffee as much as the characters in your first Jenny Kane novel, Another Cup of Coffee?
Even more than they do! I can’t write without a coffee close at hand, and I need one first thing in the morning or my day doesn’t go well!
4.     How do you take it?
Black- nothing added- Americano for preference
5.     How many cups do you drink a day?
Too many
6.      Do you really write in cafes and coffee shops like JK Rowling?
I really do. I even have my own corner in my local cafe- there’s a plaque on the wall to prove it!
7.     What is your favourite hot drink – apart from coffee?
Coffee is the only hot drink I like- I HATE tea, and I’m allergic to milk, so can’t have hot chocolate, latte etc
8.     Favourite colour?
Purple
9.     Boots, trainers or heels?
Boots - I am not sporty, and I’d break my neck in heels. I am very clumsy!
10.  Are the characters in Another Cup of Coffee based on real people?
Some of them are.
11.  Which ones?
My lips are sealed.
12.  Spoil sport- give us a clue?
I knew three of them at University- although I obviously wrote exaggerated versions of them- and they are all still my friends and totally lovely.
13.  What did you study at University?
I did an Archaeology degree and then a Medieval History for a PhD.
14.  Ohhh- like Amy in Another Cup of Coffee did...?
Yes- just like Amy did- well, the archaeology bit- I think I can guess the next question!
15.  So are you Amy?
I am a little tiny bit, but only a little bit. I more like the character Kit, who writes erotica.
16.  You feature Kew Gardens in the book, have you been there, or did you just research in on Google?
I’ve been there a few times. I really like just wondering around the various greenhouses- and sitting in the cafes of course!
17.  What would you say always surprises people when they meet you?
That I wear hearing aids. I am 80% deaf.
18.  Do you prefer being Kay Jaybee- Queen of BDSM Kink- or Jenny Kane- Writer of book chocolate?
I love being both of them – it is wonderful to be able to create such different styles of work, and thus- hopefully- make more people happy when they read! (Well- that’s the plan!)
19.  What is Jenny going to do next?
After the success of this year’s Another Cup of Coffee spin-off (Christmas in the Cotswolds), I am about to start work on a full length novel sequel called Another Glass of Champagne.
20.  What is Kay doing next?
Kay has just released 2 ‘Quickie’ stories called ‘Bad’ and ‘Lap It Up.’ (Details can be found here www.kayjaybee.me.uk). The erotica is on hold for a while now though, as it is Jenny’s turn to tap away at my computer keyboard.

If you fancy reading the first in the Another Cup of... series, then you can order your copy of Another Cup of Coffee here...



Thanks again for letting me drop by today.

Jenny xx

Bio
Jenny Kane is the author the contemporary novel Romancing Robin Hood (Accent Press, 2014), the best selling contemporary romance novel Another Cup of Coffee (Accent Press, 2013), and its novella length sequels Another Cup of Christmas (Accent Press, 2013), and Christmas in the Cotswolds (Accent, 2014).
Jenny’s third full length romance novel, Abi’s House, will be released in early 2015.
Jenny is also the author of quirky children’s picture books There’s a Cow in the Flat (Hushpuppy, 2014) and Joe’s Letter (Coming soon from Hushpuppy)
 Keep your eye on Jenny’s blog at www.jennykane.co.uk for more details.
Twitter- @JennyKaneAuthor
Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/JennyKaneRomance?ref=hl 
Jenny also writes erotica as Kay Jaybee.


LOVED these questions, Jenny! Had no idea you have your own corner in a coffee shop, LOL! We will chat more at the next RNA meeting ;)

Jenny is waiting for your questions & comments...

2 comments

  1. Thanks for inviting me over today!! Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad to have you here...even if it is tad quiet, lol :D xxx

      Delete