Welcome fellow RNA member, Teresa F Morgan...




Hi Teresa! So happy to have you here today to promote your debut release with Harper Impulse, "Plus One is a Lucky Number". I assume you've recovered from the Romantic Novelists Association annual conference? I have…just! Okay, looking forward to reading your excerpt...

About Plus One is a Lucky Number

The wedding favour...

Sophie’s going to a wedding where the invite is strictly plus one… but with her single girl status not exactly fitting in with the bridesmaid dress code, and the best man being none other than the ex she would rather forget, Sophie needs a favour and she needs it fast!

Luckily for Sophie, her dreamy but distant co-worker Adam Reid owes their mutual friend James big time…and his gorgeousness more than fills the role of the ‘Perfect Boyfriend’!
As they take off to the sunny shores of Cornwall for the wedding weekend, it’s not long before pretence leads to passion and Sophie and Adam must decide; is their relationship real or is it all for show?


Plus One Is A Lucky Number excerpt:

“No, Adam.” Sophie placed her arm across his chest to stop him entering the room. “I can’t do it.”
“Of course you can.”
“No, I can’t. This is ridiculous. No one will believe it,” Sophie replied, her voice low. He could barely hear her. “Let’s drive home.”
Adam’s jaw clenched. There was no way in hell he was driving home. He needed a drink. Strong one, too. He softened his mood, and touching her chin, made her look at him. “I promise, I’ll be convincing. I’ll be with you every step of the way.”
“Adam, I don’t doubt you can charm the spots off cheetahs.” She nervously fiddled with an earring. “But I don’t think they’ll believe I’m seeing a guy like you.”
Adam chuckled and wrapped his arm firmly around her waist to pull her closer, liking the way she felt against him. Soft. Warm.
“Of course they will.”
“It’s a big lie we are trying to pull off so I can save face,” Sophie whispered. She tried to step away, but he kept her held firm against him, so they looked close – like lovers? That’s what she wanted, wasn’t it?
She hesitantly put her arm around his waist. “I can’t believe James talked me into this.”
“Look, at first I wasn’t too sure about this either, but James is right. We can do this. Hey, we might even have fun.” Adam even liked the idea of the challenge.
“But it’s foolish. More on my part than anything. I’m lying to my friends and family.”
“Sophie, I promised James I wouldn’t let you down and I won’t. They will never know.” He held her hand, and tugged gently. “Now let’s get that drink. You may not want one, but I do.”
Sophie took two hesitant steps, stopped, bit her lip, and looked him in the eye. “Adam, I’m still not sure about this.”
Adam, trying to keep a lid on his impatience, caught someone heading towards them out the corner of his eye, and pulled Sophie even closer. His hand pushed back her hair, his thumb brushing her neck, as he whispered into her ear, “Too late.”
He breathed, taking in the scent of her hair – coconut, reminding him of Caribbean beaches and the sun. Before he could register the sensation it provoked Sophie had released from his hold, allowing an older woman in her sixties to hug her.
“Sophie! Sweetheart, so glad you could make it,” the woman said loudly, her voice echoing through the bar. She kissed Sophie’s cheek. “How was the drive down? Not too much traffic I hope.”
“Aunt Veronica, lovely to see you.” Sophie’s smile stiffened. Adam swallowed. “This is my boyfriend, Adam.”

About Teresa F Morgan

I live in sunny Weston-super-Mare, trying to hold onto my Surrey accent where I was born and bred.

For years I persevered with boring jobs, until my two boys joined my nest. In an attempt to find something to work around them, and to ensure I never endured full time boredom again, I found writing.

I’m at my happiest baking cakes, putting proper home cooked dinners on the table (whether the kids eat them or not), reading a good romance, or sitting at my PC emptying my thoughts onto the screen.

I love writing contemporary romance, stories with a touch of escapism and creating heroes readers will fall in love with. Men who in reality, let’s face it, just don’t exist.


 Teresa is waiting to answer your questions and comments!!

1 comment

  1. I'm so sorry, I wasn't at my PC at all yesterday. But I'm here today. Thank you so much for having me, Rachel. Yes, I think I've just about recovered from the RNA Conference. You get such a buzz, and it's lovely to meet fellow authors.

    ReplyDelete