Welcome romance author, Kae Elle Wheeler!



 Welcome to my blog, Kae! Hope you enjoy your time here - I'm really looking forward to hearing about you and your work. Loving your book cover too, by the way!

1)  Who is your favourite author and why? Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick/Jayne Castle is by far my favorite author. I love her quirky heroines and how the hero has some kind of revenge to enact and, because he has let people know that she is an extension of him, she ends up poking all kinds of holes in his long and carefully developed plans.

2)  When did you first consider yourself a writer? Two-thousand six (2006). I was looking at writing prompts and saw one about Cinderella’s shoe fitting one of her stepsisters; and I thought, “I love Cinderella. I could so do that!” And so I did. The Wronged Princess – Book I. It’s now available on Amazon; Nook and Smashwords. The second one is as well. The Unlikely Heroine – Book II; There is a third on under revision, currently, The Surprising Enchantress – Book III; and, believe it or not, a fourth, The English Lily, that Wild Rose Press has picked up. (No release date set)

3)  Describe your writing space? My writing space is a laptop and flash drive that I carry around. I don’t have to have utter silence. I can write almost anywhere (as long as the Dallas Cowboys or Thunder Basketball are not going on).

4)  What are you reading now? Currently, I am reading One Naughty Night, by Laurel McKee. An unusual twist in this book. I’m loving it.

5)  How many books have your written?  Which is your favourite? I have nine completed manuscripts. Four historical (working on fifth) and five contemporaries (with two more in the works). I lead a busy life.

6)  What comes first, plot or characters? Usually, some idea just creeps in that includes the character, so I must say I think it’s a tie.

7)  Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? I wouldn’t call it writer’s block, but there are times where the stuff in my head just has to stew a bit while the characters decided what direction they want to go. I’m just along for the ride.

8)  What do you like to do when you’re not writing? I love jazzercise, and, as I mentioned before, Dallas Cowboys and Oklahoma City Thunder. I am an avid sports fan, play in several fantasy football leagues. Hold NBA season tickets. I also love live theater and hold OKC Broadway series tickets, as well. And then there is burger night. . .martini night. . .critique group meetings. . .traveling. . .

9)  Tell us about your latest book? My latest release is the second of my contemporaries. Maybe It’s You. How can a girl who’s been rejected by Once Upon A Time ever believe that happily-ever-after even exists?  Co-bookstore owner Lorianne is branded by deep-seeded insecurities.  Abandonment issues surface when she finds herself falling in love, totally pissing her off.  Ashton Turner III was nobody’s Knight-In-Shining-Armor.  He’d jumped off that horse a long time ago­—the sex, however, was damn good.  When Lorianne’s grandmother delivers life-altering news, his past explodes into the present.

As you can see, I tend to attach the fairy tale syndrome—which Lorianne hates. She abhors the two words “fairy” and “tale” together.

Buy Link:


10) What’s next for you? Currently, I have two projects going. One is a Regency romance not yet titled. The other is a contemporary diving into a global charitable funds company. Both include some suspense.

Kae's Website:


Great interview, Kae and I'm loving the sound of your 'Cinderella' series. I've always wanted to write a spin on one of the fairy tales but never came up with a decent idea. I'll be downloading yours so I can learn, lol! Good luck with sales. Okay, over to you guys...

Comments?

No comments

Post a Comment