Dawn Chartier just can't get enough paranormal...

Hi Dawn and welcome to my website! I'm looking forward to learning a little bit more about another fellow Wild Rose Press authors, don't you just love writing for them?

Thank you so much Rachel for having me here today….

1) What is your writing routine? Routine? Hmm. I try to write on my days off, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sometimes I sneak in time on the weekend if the family is doing their own thing.

2) Which author/s inspire you to write? Several authors inspire me. (Chrisitine Feehan, Sherriyln Kenyon, Jodi Picoult, J.R. Ward, P.C. Cast, Karen M. Moning, etc.) But creating a story has to come from your own imagination. Completing the story has to come from a drive that you have deep down that won’t let up.


3) Which is your favorite romance subgenre to read? I go through phases, but usually I love reading anything paranormal. To write? I write paranormal as well, but I find myself writing more mystery, suspense and thriller, but the paranormal is always there.

4) How do you deal with criticism/rejection? I haven’t had lots of criticism yet, and I’m sure it will sting when I do, but I try to remember we all have different taste, which is a good thing. Even the best authors get bad reviews. Even Nora.

5) Tell me about your latest release. My first novel, Not An Angel came out in May 2010, and the story is about getting second chances at love. My character Kira has been through hell and finds herself ready to end it all. Of course, she doesn’t because then there wouldn’t be a book. (grin) She goes through a lot of heartache, but in the end, she gets the greatest reward of true love - even though he’s a Poryria Guardian vampire.

6.) Tease us with a blurb or short excerpt. Kira McCoy wants to die. Losing her husband and daughter tragically left her without hope. Now her disturbed brother-in-law will stop at nothing to have her for himself. All she wants is to find peace, but instead finds herself on top of a bridge ready to end her suffering.

Protector of the Poryria, Trace Stuart is called to defend his race or embrace death. Defending humans is not part of the plan, but he cannot stop himself from saving Kira.

Realizing that he shares a special bond with Kira, Trace defies his Queen and rushes into the heart of darkness in order to rescue the woman he loves. Will Kira be able to reach past her own pain to pull them both into the light?
7.) What is next for you? Currently I’m writing a romantic mystery/suspense with paranormal elements novel. If all goes as planned, I have ideas for the second and third book in this series.

8) Your biggest piece of advice to aspiring novelists? There is no one piece of advice that says it all, but I have a few suggestions. Take classes, enter a few contests, join a critique group, join RWA, and don’t submit anything until it is completely ready. Once you finish your first draft, then read it out loud. If it doesn’t excite you, then it won’t excite anyone else. I have several rewrites because I allow myself to get it out first. Then I do my edits. The most important tip is “Don’t stop writing.”

12) Where can readers find you? Readers can find me at www.dawnchartier.com or you can find “Not An Angel” at www.thewildrosepress.com or www.amazon.com
I blog on occasion at: www.dawntheauthor.blogspot.com




This interview was fun. Thanks for having me.


Thanks for sharing with me and my readers today, Dawn. I love the sound of 'Not An Angel', such a romantic premise! Dawn is waiting for your comments...

5 comments

  1. Sounds wonderful, Dawn! I wish you the very best with your book. -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, it's always nice to meet a fellow rose!

    Great cover.

    I love vampires, so this sounds like a story for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura and Debra!!!

    So glad you stopped by.

    Y'all have a wonderful 4th of July.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, Dawn and Rachel! Trace and Kira's story sounds so intriguing! And you were certainly blessed by the cover gods. :)

    Good luck on the new WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Farrah,

    (Grin) I think I was blessed by the cover gods too. See you in a few weeks at Nationals.

    Thanks for dropping by.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete