Inspire Me...Oprah Winfrey



I've decided to start a new feature every Saturday where I highlight an inspiring woman and take one of their quotes to explore - I hope to highlight the importance of female empowerment and women supporting one another. Something I aim to achieve in my books and stories...

Oprah Winfrey

I first discovered Oprah when I was around the age of 14 or 15 (thirty years ago) and I was immediately drawn to her enthusiasm, kindness and spirit. Since then, I've watched her programmes, her speeches, subscribed to her magazine and read the books from her book club. I can safely, and proudly, say Oprah plays a huge part in my life as an inspiration and influence.

There are so many quotes of hers I love and try my hardest to live by, but this is one of my favourites...

"The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his/her future by merely changing his/her attitude."

In my opinion, never has a truer word been said. Think about it - if we changed our thinking and reactions to EVERYTHING in a positive rather than negative way, how can that have any other effect than good? Even when the kids are screaming, an event you were looking forward to is cancelled or you're latest piece of work is falling to pieces, what if, instead of reacting with immediate anger, frustration or defeat, you ask what is REALLY going on here? Is this an opportunity to be a better parent, a better friend, better at my job?

The answer is always going to be yes - so let's start today! Let's embrace the changes and unexpected moments in our lives and strive to be better and do better...

Happy Inspiration Day!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment