Continuing the Romantic Suspense Tour with Ursula Grey!


Hi Ursula, great to have you here and thanks for having me at your blog last week - I really enjoyed it! So you're here for an interview and continuing our successful Romantic Suspense Tour...I'm guessing your latest book is spicier than most I've hosted ; )

Over to you!

1) Where do you write?

I have a little room I call my own. It's filled with mementoes from my travels, paintings that I find inspiring, a desk, and four bookcases filled with booksJ.

2) What is the best & worst part about the writing process for you?

Sometimes the worst part is actually making myself sit down to write when I'm not sure where I'm going. The second worst part is wending my way through the first draft and wondering why I ever thought I could write!

The best part is losing track of time when I'm writing; that's when I enter a zone where my only reality is the story. Another rewarding part of the process is editing the first draft, playing with the words, rearranging, and pulling the story together into a cohesive whole.

3) When did you first consider yourself a writer?

Deep inside, I've always considered myself a writer. I guess it was validated when an editor thought enough of my work to accept it for publication.

4) What is the best & worst advice you’ve received about writing?

The best advice? If you want to write, you must sit yourself down and do it. Another is not to talk about your story until you've got the first draft down. I haven't received any bad advice.

5) Which comes first? Plot or characters?

Characters always come first for me. Most readers, myself included, are intrigued by the life stories of others. It comes with being human, I supposeJ.

6) What is a typical day for you?

On the weekdays I'm working. When I get in I try and do a little social networking, blogging, tweeting, etc. Just catching up on what's been happening while I've been away for eight hours. Afterwards, it's time to try and get in 1,000 words. I should probably write first and then socialize. Yes, I think that's what I'll do starting today. I'd be much more productive if I did! On the weekends I tend to relax, get out and have some fun. I also try and write more than usual, but it's all about balance.

7) Where do you see your career in five years?

Let's fast forward to the future…I've quit my day job because I'm a wildly successful authorJ.

8) What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

I'm a very laid back person. When I'm not writing, I'm spending time with my hubby, reading, playing with my "puppy" (she's a teen now but doesn't act like it), or I'm watching International House Hunters and trying decide whether I should live in France or ItalyJ.

Buy link: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-adelaide039sadventure-521341-144.html

http://ursulagrey.wordpress.com/

Thanks, Ursula! Over to you guys for comments & questions!

No comments

Post a Comment