Inspire Me... J K Rowling


I was a little late coming to the Harry Potter novels...unlike what felt like the entire world, I didn't start reading the series until the third book had been released. I couldn't resist the temptation to read 'those kids books' until my mum couldn't stop raving about them.

Once I started reading Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone, I was hooked!

And with my new obsession came the need to know everything about this British novelist who seemed to have appeared from nowhere to take the literary world by storm. The more I learned about this single mother who had been broke, worked on Harry Potter in a cafe to keep warm and didn't just sit down to write a series of novels, but had diagrams, graphs and illustrations all worked out.

J K Rowling became one of my biggest inspirations - a woman of immense integrity, strength and determination. I was, and still am, in awe...

"The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive."

Her quote of strength over adversity resonated so soundly with me that I have never forgotten it. I have had many personal setbacks this year, and often wondered how things would ever change or get better. Guess what? They have, they did, and now I feel stronger and wiser than ever before.

Thank you, J K Rowling, for your books, your wisdom, your success and the joy you've given millions all around the world.

Happy Inspiration Day!

Rachel x

No comments

Post a Comment