My Monthly Book Review...


This month's book review is for Cavendon Hall by Barbara Taylor Bradford.

I must have been around the age of 14 or 15 when I was introduced to Barbara Taylor Bradford by my local librarian. She recommended I read A Woman of Substance and I absolutely loved it, vying for Emma Harte from start to finish and going on to read the rest of the series.

It's been YEARS since I've read any other books by Barbara, but when I saw Cavendon Hall advertised it really appealed to me so I bought a copy. I have to say, this book was a much simpler read than I was expecting. As the first book in an ongoing series, I don't doubt the series will grow in depth and character and the plot threads will deepen.

I enjoyed getting to know the history of Cavendon Hall and the two families (above and below stairs) that run this huge, sprawling estate. Even though I wasn't blown away by the book as much as I would've liked, it hooked me enough that I've bought book 2. Always a telling sign!

Recommended.




No comments

Post a Comment